1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What are you expecting from the team coming off the bye week?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by kirkjrk, Oct 7, 2012.

1. dallasfan4lizife

dallasfan4lizife Well-Known Member

2,769 Messages
    334 Likes Received
    I have 0 expectations for this team.

I am just appalled with the state of our trenches. When people say we're 2-2 and can turn it around...ya that's true with a team that has a decent offensive and defensive line.

Our trenches are talentless. that's the brutal truth. we will continue to be 7-9/9-7 with our pathetic d-line and o-line.
  2. starchamber

starchamber Member

323 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    To expect anything more than disappointment from this team is foolish in my opinion.
    :banghead:
  3. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

6,589 Messages
    2,147 Likes Received
    I'm still holding onto optimism because our offense has been putrid. If they can just improve enough to score in the 20's consistently, our chances greatly increase. I am not sure how much worse our offense can get, they have to get better right? :confused:
  4. DWhite Fan

DWhite Fan It ain't over 'til it's over

5,574 Messages
    389 Likes Received
    I expect the Ravens to play the Cowboys the same way the Bears did. Now, what Dallas team will we see? Dr. Jekyll or Mr. Hyde :confused:
  5. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

12,087 Messages
    1,266 Likes Received

You're right.
  6. john van brocklin

john van brocklin Captain Comeback

1,585 Messages
    248 Likes Received
    I honestly don't know what to expect. This Team has been so inconsistant , who knows what to expect.
  7. Novacek84

Novacek84 Well-Known Member

1,274 Messages
    141 Likes Received
    30-17 Loss because until proven otherwise these are the same old Cowboys of the last 5 seasons (2009 excepted) Team lacks focus and maturity. Until they find it they will be losers. Sad to say.
  8. Novacek84

1,274 Messages
    141 Likes Received
    Plus we already had a sort-of bye week going into SEA and look how that turned out. They sucked from the opening kickoff in that one.
  9. Novacek84

1,274 Messages
    141 Likes Received
    Good luck with that with this bunch....
  10. BTX

BTX New Member

435 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    So if Cruz would have caught those passes it would have also led Tampa Bay to a victory over Dallas?
  11. Champsheart

Champsheart Active Member

2,565 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Well lets think here. If you listen to the players and coaches this is the greatest practive team in sports, we had a great off-season and our Training camp was off the hook. Before the Chicago game we had a GREAT week of practice. We are the kings when we dont play, so if the game was at Valley Ranch on Wednesday we would beat them 56-0. But it is on Sunday and that means game day and we can not run the ball, we can not protect the passer, our receivers and tight ends drop balls, we are penalty prone, our D wears down, we consistently turn the ball over and dont get many back and we appear to have a coach that has no idea how to fix all this.
    I expect you will see what we are, an inconsistent team that does not play fundemental football and lose.
  12. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,041 Messages
    2,272 Likes Received
    My expectations sunk after the Seattle game. These guys still just don't get it.

I think we're a 8-8 team. Maybe 7-9. Just too poorly coached and not on the same page.
  13. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Coaching isn't the biggest problem right now. It's lack of talent in certain areas like the offensive line and defensive line. These guys just aren't very good football players. Can't pass protect, can't open up running lanes, can't get to the quarterback.

Please tell me how is that Jason Garrett's fault?
  14. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,730 Messages
    1,811 Likes Received
    If my aunt would have had balls, she would have been my uncle.

Even KJJ agrees with you...

:rolleyes:
  15. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Why do you even bother anymore? Some of these guys just don't get it.
  16. BTX

BTX New Member

435 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't know what to expect from this bunch. When you think they are getting it together they break your heart. When you count them out the surprise you with a great game.That being said I really believe Dallas will win next week in Baltimore. I think they miss the playoffs though winning 7 or 8 games this year.
  17. Lazyking

Lazyking Active Member

789 Messages
    103 Likes Received
    I could say I expect them to play well even in defeat but they haven't played a good game since the Giant game..

What makes it worse is I know the Ravens will be pissed about their performance today.
  18. windward

windward NFL Historian

15,201 Messages
    509 Likes Received
    And if Felix doesn't fumble and Seattle doesn't block a punt we could be 3-1.

If We don't throw 5 Ints we might be 4-0!

Except.... We are 2-2. No better, no worse. Just a .500 ballclub.
  19. popp1234

popp1234 You will never outwork me, you talented bum! Zone Supporter

3,270 Messages
    281 Likes Received
    If they play to their talent level, if they play smart, discipline football for FOUR quarters, I am quite confident in a win. I have no reservations in saying that every week, no matter the opponent.

Oh hell, see sig below:
  20. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,460 Messages
    6,026 Likes Received
    how is it not at least partially his fault? did this oline just fall from the sky one day onto our team? him and jerry decided it was sufficient enough to bring in two scrubs from other teams and roll with costa and the rest of the scrub rotation at the center position. they are the main culprits.