1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What are you expecting from the team coming off the bye week?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by kirkjrk, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

4,837 Messages
    650 Likes Received
    Well some of those games you listed weren't prime time games either.
  2. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Last time I checked the general manager is Jerry Jones not Jason Garrett. Jerry is the one who once again neglected to upgrade the trenches because he thinks our skilled position players are good enough without any blocking to get the jobs done. I certainly think you can blame the ******** play calling on Jason, but when it comes to the offensive line and the lack of talent that's all on Jerry not Jason. I don't buy that whole notion that Jason has the same input in the team's moves as Jerry does. Don't buy it all.
  3. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

4,250 Messages
    252 Likes Received
    I'm afraid to watch,,, QB injuries make me queasy :(
  4. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,483 Messages
    743 Likes Received
    I agree with him that the Cowboys might have lost to the Giants had Cruz not had those 3 drops but not that they would be 0-4.
  5. ak47kaehu

ak47kaehu Active Member

289 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    I expect to be let down again! Until this team proves it can play with passion, life, and aggression, i will not get my hopes up!
  6. Everlastingxxx

Everlastingxxx All Star

7,211 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    I am really trying to stay optimistic. If the Cowboys come out and keep playing like they have and get blown out, my level headed thinking is going to crack. I saw a clip of Free laughing it up on the sidelines at the end of the Chicago blow out. I heard Jerry Jones talk about how he went to each player to console them. I makes me fear they are not taking the loses very hard. I thought this team was hungry at the start of the season. I think they might not be (other than a few). I greatly over estimated Dez Bryant. Going to 2-3 is hard to swallow but it is a very real reality. I have one more glass of cool-aid to drink.
  7. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

37,884 Messages
    1,111 Likes Received
    I'm hopeful and wishful that our offense finds a way to be normal. If we are just normal, we put up nice points on the board. Be smart, catch the balls, take care of the ball, and just execute. I know that sounds corny, but just execute.
  8. rlgiv

rlgiv New Member

196 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I expect Doug Free to be beaten like a drum. I expect who ever plays center and both guards to be bad. I expect that the Ravens will stuff the run early and JG will give up completely and just have Romo throwing every play. I expect multiple false start penalties. I expect that Dez will make mistakes running his routes. I expect that Romo will throw at least one pass that we will all be scratching our head over. The defense will look good early and get wore down in the second half allowing Ray Rice to gash us for large gains.

Murray will run tough and have us all wishing that he actually had some creases to run threw. Sean Lee will have a ton of tackles. The seconday will look good but probably wont get an interception.

The Ravens win by ten at least. Im just hoping we dont get blown out.
  9. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Wow you make me look optimistic. :laugh2:
  10. rlgiv

rlgiv New Member

196 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Low expectations make it more fun to watch the game if they do well:)
  11. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

2,846 Messages
    299 Likes Received
    A loss that most will say we saw coming or a win and all the happy fans come back out and now were sb bound!!!
  12. iowast8rs

iowast8rs Well-Known Member

835 Messages
    253 Likes Received
    Disappointment.
  13. jasonwitten82

jasonwitten82 Member

320 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I "expect" better play after the last game and an off week, but we'll see
  14. Houstonboy

Houstonboy New Member

10 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I expect to see more improvement on the OL. For the recievers better start making better rout reads and limit mental mistakes.
  15. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,227 Messages
    1,445 Likes Received
    I disagree. Even with the guys we have we should still be able to win games.

Dez Bryant and Ogletree cost us the game the other night. Special Teams and a ho hum attitude cost us in Seattle.

We need more talent but every team does. Chicagos Oline sucks too but yet they battered us.
  16. djmajestik

djmajestik Member

942 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Are you expecting the Ravens to play someone else?
  17. Flinger

Flinger Active Member

769 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    And, if Dez and Witten catches their passes we might be 4-0...

(While you are playing hypothetical games...)
  18. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

11,937 Messages
    623 Likes Received
    Let's face it....we are facing an above average to good Defense(Not great anymore, but still good). We are going against Ray Rice, and no walkover passing attack. At their house.

We are in deep ****, especially if we think we can come out and play lackadaisical
  19. CxC1993

CxC1993 Member

285 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Hopefully less mistakes & some sort of sign of life from the offensive line. It's not impossible to beat the Ravens. It'll be tough, but the Cowboys can beat them depending on if they shoot themselves in the foot or not.
  20. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

8,181 Messages
    867 Likes Received
    We will have the chance to score and take control of the game. Imagine that, the offense scores. But only the defense will give up 2 80+ yard TD runs in the 4th quarter to yet lose again to the Ravens.....