1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What are you expecting from the team coming off the bye week?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by kirkjrk, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,377 Messages
    1,232 Likes Received
    It opened at 4 which is just about what I thought it would. 3.5-4.5 range.
  2. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Active Member

592 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    Hoping: A new commitment to the running game, with conservative, short passing game, play action based pass game offense off of the run game. More WR screens to Dez.

Expecting: To get embarassed in Baltimore. For the run game to do nothing and for Garrett to abandon it in the 2nd quarter. Once we become one dimentional and Garrett gets desperate, the turnovers will mount, Romo will get killed, and the blowout will insue.
  3. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 RAWR

11,614 Messages
    115 Likes Received
    1. Romo and the receivers get on the same page or start Orton.
    2. Less penalties.
    3. Win.
  4. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,595 Messages
    176 Likes Received
    A win..

Don't care how it comes, get a win.
  5. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You're in for some disappointment. We are going to lose just as bad as we did against Seattle and Chicago.
  6. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,595 Messages
    176 Likes Received
    Yea, , but, one can dream.
  7. Flinger

Flinger Active Member

768 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    A win is possible. Not probably, but possible....

It has been 2 weeks to:

. Prepare for the Ravens... Good results from preparation for Giants game, not so good of results from 10 days preparation for Seahawks game. Still... 2 weeks to prepare for Ravens cannot be a bad thing for game planning.

. Heal from injuries... Ratliff, Costa, Spencer, Jenkins, Ware and Johnson are healthy from their nicks and bruises. Only Church is out for the year.

. Jell... 2 weeks for the OL to work/practice together as a unit. They have been bad (no running game and no protection), but they really didn't play as an entire unit during the pre-season. So, it's been 'on the job' training. With Callahan at the lead, they should be better.

. Jell, part deux... 2 weeks for the ST to work/practice together as a unit. They may have been less prepared as a unit than the OL with new members that hadn't even played in the pre-season together. It has also been 'on the job' training for ST's.

Realistically, we shouldn't expect Witten to play as poorly as in the first few weeks. Dez? Experienced by 1 more week. :) A few less drops and a few more catches could have been difference makers in our 2 losses. With less drops in the Ravens game...

The Ravens have rolled off 3 consecutive wins. Their offense hasn't been exactly lighting it up. Trap week?
  8. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

6,847 Messages
    176 Likes Received
    They've been blasted pretty good for a week, they might respond but it will have to be for 4 quarters against a Veteran winning Ravens Franchise.....Dallas is outmatched talentwise in the contest....it will have to be an emotional win.

Ravens 27-13
  9. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,047 Messages
    500 Likes Received
    I won't write what I hope because I have been hoping since 1996. Here's what I expect:

1. A concerted effort to run the ball early and often. They will try mightily to establish the run to setup the play action. I think it will work. As bad as the Oline may be, an offensive lineman gets more excited about having more opportunities to fire off of the ball versus sitting back in pass pro. We may see some improvement this week if they stick to an "establish the run" plan.
    2. Crisp route running with some early and clean hookups to Miles & Dez. They'll want to get both of them off in a play action type fashion.
    3. Continued improvement and consistency from the secondary. With Rat back, I think we will be able to increase the amount of pressure we can generate from the interior line on Flacco. I see an INT in the immediate future of one of our back 4.
    4. Bruce Carter will have his coming out party. Sean Lee has established himself as the anchor of the defense and Bruce has been quietly doing his job. He will enjoy multiple opportunities to tee off on Rice and will take a full advantage.
    5. As a result of the increased reliance on the run, DeMarco will finally have a huge day.

That's generall what I see.
  10. noshame

noshame Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,919 Messages
    400 Likes Received
    No huddle offense
    Attack the perimeter, until they defend it.
    mostly lateral routes to keep Romo from trying to throw down field

Improved pressure with a fresh Rat

We win

Or

we lose, blow it up, trading everybody worth a penny thats over 30.
  11. Dodger12

Dodger12 Well-Known Member

1,949 Messages
    489 Likes Received
    The Ravens coaching staff should just pull up the NE game from last year and study it. Garrett will go into a conservative shell and do the same damn thing he did last year after a tough loss when Romo was as his worst.

JG will go conservative because he's a creature of habit. I was pretty pissed last year after the Lions game and thought we should run, run and run some more. Until I saw the NE game and realized that Romo is this team's only hope for success.
  12. gmoney112

gmoney112 Well-Known Member

2,822 Messages
    110 Likes Received
    A dismal performance, inefficient offense, miscommunications between Romo and his receivers, 10+ penalties, a sub 40 yard rushing performance, OL getting shoved 5 yards into the backfield, Free getting absolutely demolished by Ngata, Romo concussion.

That just about covers it. At least I think our defense will play well.
  13. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,083 Messages
    537 Likes Received
    I expect them to play hard and lose.

After this game I hope to see a gradual improvement in all phases.
  14. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden New Member

68 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The Ravens are going to violate the Cowboys so badly that you will almost be able to charge them with a sex crime.
  15. jday

jday Well-Known Member

1,807 Messages
    87 Likes Received
    As has been stated on this forum numerous times, I would not be suprised to see a completely different Cowboys team against Baltimore. Like opening week against the Giants, this is a game where they come in as the underdogs and as such, will probably leave it all on the field, win or lose. Then many contributors on this forum will start a "I told you so" campaign about how good this team really is only to see these same contributors either disappear or join the darkside following an embarrassing loss against who ever the Cowboys play next. That's what I'm expecting at this point.
  16. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

9,756 Messages
    511 Likes Received
    Dez and Witten catching everything wouldn't have prevented the blowout losses to Seattle and Chicago. Those losses went much deeper than receivers dropping passes.
  17. bigdnlaca

bigdnlaca Member

899 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    @ the same time, I don't want to see the Cowboys be what they were after the bye last year.

Even though they played a good game for 3 3/4 quarters against Pats, they lost due to them being too conservative. The playcalling has to be more balanced and Romo still have to let it fly and trust his receivers when he has to pass.
  18. Dodger

Dodger Indomitable

4,207 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    I have no expectations. Anything is possible, and I mean anything. The Cowboys could turn on the afterburners, everything go perfectly, and they win by 21. Then again, they could get blown out, lose Romo to injury, and commit two dozen penalties.

It's a total crap shoot.
  19. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,138 Messages
    194 Likes Received
    more rust slowing our offense down:banghead:

[IMG]
  20. fanfromvirginia

fanfromvirginia Inconceivable!

3,990 Messages
    145 Likes Received
    I expect the unexpected.