1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What are you expecting from the team coming off the bye week?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by kirkjrk, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Sarge

Sarge Happy Holidays Staff Member

21,074 Messages
    1,935 Likes Received
    :rolleyes:
  2. ODawg

ODawg Benched

674 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I expect Baltimore to play a much better game than they did against KC...why because every freakin team seems to play there best game against us...SO fn sick of it. 2-3 here we come!:banghead:
  3. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,946 Messages
    1,091 Likes Received
    Big Ben? Is that you? Your avatar alone should be charged. :rolleyes:
  4. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

11,917 Messages
    1,212 Likes Received
    The bottom line is the Cowboys pretty much have to win next week or every loss from there on out is going to be a nail in their coffin. If the light doesn't come vs the Ravens the Cowboys are pretty much done this season. A loss will put them at 2-3 and their remaining schedule is BRUTAL.

It's going to take at the very least 9 wins to make the playoffs possible 10. Good luck winning 7-8 games in the final 11 games with the teams left on the schedule. The Cowboys lose next week they may be staring at a losing season.
  5. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

6,208 Messages
    682 Likes Received

I agree with this.we win and lose with Romo,let him be himself.
  6. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

5,913 Messages
    1,585 Likes Received
    Better yet, let him call the plays. Couldn't be any worse than JG calling plays.
  7. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,525 Messages
    601 Likes Received
    I'm going against conventional wisdom and saying that Dallas will win if they do not cough up the football. The Ravens' defense has shown some holes the last few weeks and turnovers were what kept them from being totally exposed.

The Ravens have been vulnerable to the run this season and I think Dallas exploits that. They got worked by three of the top five run defenses in the league the last three weeks, but Baltimore is not in that category this year. Murray will run better this game, so it will be on Tony to take what the defense gives him and not force the ball in there like he did against them in 2009.

I said in another thread that Dallas had no chance here, but I have changed my mind after having watched every Ravens game this season. Dallas can win this football game.
  8. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,915 Messages
    759 Likes Received
    Honestly, I believe the Cowboys can beat every team in the NFL. I agree they coud use some more talent on the OL, DL and at S, but even with what they have, they could beat any team. What holds them back from that?

Playcalling on the offensive side of the ball is what I believe to be the Cowboys biggest issue...even over Jerry the GM. I really don't think Jason Garrett is a good play caller. Don't get me wrong, with the right team, his plays would be fine. But he is calling plays his players cannot execute. Plays that take time to develop are not good for a team that doesn't have a good Offensive Line and yet those are the types of plays he calls. Running strongside is great, if you throw in a weakside cut back every now and then; but Jason just runs strongside the entire game and then eventually gives up on it and puts the onus on Romo to try and win the game through the air. Sometimes that will work, but not very often. Playaction only works if the run does, so why bother trying it when the run has yielded nothing? Personally, I think Jason get's lost. He needs to hire or choose an OC and focus on the team. Honestly, I think the hire or electing of OC if we have one on staff would solve a lot of the Cowboys problems right now.
  9. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,850 Messages
    1,108 Likes Received
    If we don't run the ball effectively we are going to get blown out.
  10. Venger

Venger Well-Known Member

2,480 Messages
    409 Likes Received
    This is the kind of game the Cowboys pop up and win - looking down, on the road, alot of reasons they should lose, and POP they up and win. Alas, this is followed by losing games they should win, and the false hope dies. But I will likely get suckered in again to thinking we've turned the corner, even if it is Dead Man's Curve once again...
  11. Canadian BoyzFan

Canadian BoyzFan Active Member

3,315 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    I think the Baltimore defense gets over rated based on previous years. The game is winnable and I expect it to come down to the last few minutes.
  12. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

11,917 Messages
    1,212 Likes Received
    This is the kind of game the Cowboys could surprise everyone and win and if they do they'll likely end up losing to Carolina the following week. That's the kind of team the Cowboys have been.
  13. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    We're not gonna be able to run the ball against Baltimore. Their pass defense blows, but their run defense is still solid.
  14. FLcowboy

FLcowboy Hopeful this is the year Zone Supporter

3,685 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    Cowboys +5?
  15. FLcowboy

FLcowboy Hopeful this is the year Zone Supporter

3,685 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    Pretty good viewpoint.
  16. ksadler1

ksadler1 Member

58 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    I honestly hate saying this, but I expect the SOS different game. The Ravens will punch them in the mouth and they will fold.....
  17. PAINFROMUKRAINE

PAINFROMUKRAINE Active Member

191 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    I EXPECT Garrett to have a "Great Offensive Gameplan" with adjustments to the Game Plan during Halftime. He has had extra days to prepare for the Ravens and if his Process Talk is correct than a Raven Win will be the next building block to a long winning streak.
  18. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,525 Messages
    601 Likes Received
    I can't say that I agree with you. They certainly had success against the Patriots and held the Browns running game down because they stacked the box against them, but the Bengals, Eagles and Chiefs all ran successfully against them. They have also showed some vulnerability to running backs catching the ball out of the backfield. Richardson put up almost 60 yards receiving against them.

Richardson - 104 total yards and a touchdown
    BJGE - 91 Yards and a touchdown
    McCoy - 81 yards and a touchdown
    Charles - 160 total yards and a touchdown

I certainly respect their defense, but being 20th in the league against the run is not quite solid.
  19. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Well-Known Member

6,068 Messages
    306 Likes Received
    To be honest, I no longer have any expectations of this team. I'm just going to wait and see what happens. Hopefully we'll all be pleasantly surprised.
  20. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    We will lose both, but if for some crazy reason we win next week, we will CERTAINLY lose to Carolina.