1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What are your Expectations NOW!

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Champsheart, Oct 25, 2005.

1. Champsheart

Champsheart Active Member

2,557 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Before the season started everyone had their expectations, some may have changed, some may have not.

What are your expectations as we stand here today?
  2. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,171 Messages
    1,291 Likes Received
    I think we're an 8-8/9-7 team.
  3. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

4,798 Messages
    580 Likes Received
    I think we are 10-6/9-7 team that has a very good chance of making the playoffs as a WC team.
  4. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,484 Messages
    876 Likes Received
    We are a young team.

The wins are exciting, the losses are frustrating.

I am seeing improvement, and great potential.

I'm excited about our future, not necesarily for this season, but for the next few after that.

Although I still think we will be in the playoffs.

:starspin :star: :starspin
  5. Jimz31

Jimz31 The Sarcastic One

14,232 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    Until BP changes his playing "not to lose" philosophy, 4-12 wouldn't surprise me...but then again either would 12-4, but 12-4 comes only with luck of course.

Arizona can upset us with this philosophy.
  6. Mr Cowboy

Mr Cowboy Well-Known Member

8,162 Messages
    587 Likes Received
    We have the Defense to win the East..........we just need for BP to grow a pair and be more aggresive offensively.
  7. Hiero

Hiero New Member

3,075 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I put to win the NFC east. the eagles are actually looking vulnerable this year, and hopefully next year things start to fall apart with TO and westbrook leaving.
  8. ConcordCowboy

ConcordCowboy Mr. Buckeye

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Wild Card at least.
  9. MS17

MS17 Member

416 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    8-8, maybe 9-7 if the ball bounces right.
  10. SteveOS

SteveOS Dedicated to Sports Gaming

1,883 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Wild card. Hell, I thought this was a 9-7 team to start off the season. I now think they are a 10-6 team. Which also means they have to go 6-3 in the final 9 games. I can see that happening. The big game is Arizona. If they make it to the bye week at 5-3, I'd say they will be fine.
  11. Duane

Duane Active Member

6,875 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Nice bell curve going.... I still think we're too inconsistent to win the division or the Super Bowl but a Wild Card spot is a definite possibility.
  12. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

74,861 Messages
    1,505 Likes Received
    Mine have not changed. I expect this team to compete for a playoff birth and I think we are still in a good position to do just that.
  13. silver

silver Well-Known Member

5,133 Messages
    157 Likes Received
    10-6 if julius comes back
    8-8 w/o him
  14. KingTuna

KingTuna New Member

1,381 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    10-6 and a wildcard berth.... Write that down! :starspin
  15. jksmith269

jksmith269 Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995

3,898 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    How can I say anything but SB. If I can expect this team to make the playoffs then why stop short? Makes no sense to me. We have a dominant D and our O will pick it up.
  16. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

74,861 Messages
    1,505 Likes Received
    I hope your right. If Dallas is playing good at the end of the season then we would have a shot. Heading into the season my expectation was to make it back to post season and if we do that I'll be happy about the season, if we make it all the way then all I can say is this team went beyond my expectations.
  17. DBoys

DBoys New Member

4,713 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :signmast:
  18. CactusCowboy

CactusCowboy Benched

1,861 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    With our remaining NFC East games all away and KC and Denver on schedule, we will need to play great football to get a wild card birth.
  19. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    This is a 10-6 team. ARZ, DEN, KC, DET, and STL at home. All winnable games. Not too worried about DEN and KC, cuz our run defense is amazing. We've shut down LT, Alexander, Portis and Barber, I'm not too frightened of KC or DEN.

Add to that the fact that NY, WSH and PHI are just now starting to play eachother, and we've beaten two of them, and dominated the other for 55 mins (argh) and I think we're in good shape.
  20. kmd24

kmd24 Active Member

3,436 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    With NY, Phil, and Was facing each other over the next four weeks, and Dallas facing three very beatable teams in Arizona, Philly, and Detroit, it is very conceivable that Dallas could be headed into Thanksgiving at 7-3 atop the NFCE. I actually think it will be the Giants, who face Washington, San Fran, Minnesota, and Philly, and will likely be 8-2 or 7-3 at that point.

Philly is really at a turning point in their season. Their next three games have them travelling to Denver and Washington before returning home to host the Cowboys in a Monday nighter after the Cowboys' bye. It is very conceivable that they could lose 2 of three if not all of those games, which would put them in serious jeopardy of not only failing to win the division, but also of missing the playoffs.