1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What cap space will we save if we cut the following players on or after June 1st?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CowboyChris, Jan 1, 2013.

1. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

2,705 Messages
    64 Likes Received
    What will save as far as cap space, if we cut the following players on or after June 1st?

Tony Romo
    Jay Ratliff
    Doug Free
    Miles Austin
    Bernadeau
    Livings

Remember when Stephen Jones said something like we are going to be evaluating the production from the highly paid players. (something to that affect)
  2. RealCowboyfan

RealCowboyfan Championship

4,587 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Pass it to me now. :laugh2: ^420 Joke of the day :laugh2:
  3. respectdatstar

respectdatstar Member

685 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Are you suggesting Romo gets handed walking papers this off-season? Wow. I didn't think that was even an option they would entertain. I figured extend or trade. Hmmm.
  4. CowboyChris

2,705 Messages
    64 Likes Received
    whats his salary cap hit, if we dont extend him? if we cut or trade him would we save anything?

Our offseason moves will be based on,what kind of cap space we have or can create. If you have nothing to add to the thread...then keep going about your business.
  5. dragon_mikal

dragon_mikal Darth Jones strikes again! Zone Supporter

5,496 Messages
    1,212 Likes Received
    Dude Tony Romo isn't going to be cut.:laugh2:

He is going to be extended. Man some of you guys are smokin' the wacky tabbaccy.:laugh2:

Ratliff and Free are the two guys most likely to be gone on your list.
  6. neosapien23

neosapien23 Well-Known Member

2,771 Messages
    60 Likes Received
    I think the Boys are going to try and keep Austin and Free as long as they take a serious paycut. If neither are willing to redo their contracts I think they will be cut. I was a little surprised by Cowboys break saying that the future doesn't look good for Austin considering his contract his very cap friendly. I guess the Cowboy's brass is getting tired of him always getting hurt.

I am also very surprised that the team might be willing to cut Ratliff. I wonder if he would take a paycut or if he will tell the team to get bent. If I'm not mistaking cutting him would crush what little cap space the team has as his salary for next year is guaranteed.
  7. CowboyChris

2,705 Messages
    64 Likes Received
    maybe you are smoking something if you think Romo is gonna take us places. All i asked was..whats his cap hit gonna be if we dont extend him, or do we save anything if we part ways with him.
  8. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,761 Messages
    126 Likes Received

you are wasting your time....instead of people simply answering the question asked, they would rather give out insults or opinions that have nothing to do with the question asked.

I would answer your question, but I have no clue. Hopefully Adam stumbles upon this thread. He can definitely give you the answers you seek when it comes to questions about the cap.
  9. CowboyChris

2,705 Messages
    64 Likes Received
    i agree Biggems, its getting pretty bad around here, maybe my timing isnt right, as one poster said in another thread "its going to be a long offseason"
  10. CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan Well-Known Member

2,010 Messages
    498 Likes Received
    HYPOTHETICALLY speaking, not gonna happen but to entertain your question.

Romo is scheduled to make around 14 mil this season none of that is guaranteed from what Ive read so cutting him would eliminate that base salary. Trading him would involve some other team working an extension with him as part of the deal and again would cost us nothing.

We will end up extending him though because there is no way we pay him 14 mil this season and he is still by far as best chance to win.
  11. BruceLee5450

BruceLee5450 Well-Known Member

2,108 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    It totally doesn't deserve a response & isn't worth going and studying the payroll when something as unrealistic as this question is asked... Mr. CowboyChris needs to get used to seeing #9, and next time ask a more realistic question that has Free-Miles, Ratliff & the 2 journey men lineman who aren't even worth posting their first and last name
  12. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,234 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    It's New Years day not April fools
  13. Nunez21

Nunez21 Active Member

268 Messages
    70 Likes Received
    You guys do know he doesn't have to agree to an extension right? If he refused they have no choice but to move on and you can't blame the guy for not wanting to be here if that's the case.
  14. Big Country

Big Country Rolling Thunder

3,716 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Free and Austin have been MAJOR disappointments in the last 2 years. I wouldn't mind those two being jettisoned. They have been a major waste of cap space.

I long for the days of Patrick Crayton and Marc Columbo (with good knees)
  15. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,679 Messages
    6,439 Likes Received
    You know what would be an awesome thread?...not this one.
  16. craig71

craig71 Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam

2,604 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    I believe that Romo will earn right at $17 million for 2013. I think $5-6 million of that figure is guaranteed.

Craig
  17. cowboy_ron

4,234 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    People, stop and think before posting and looking so uninformed about the sports world.......Let's say the team DID want to move on from Romo (which they don't at this point) why in the world would the team just "cut" him when they could get picks from a QB needy team?
  18. CowboyChris

2,705 Messages
    64 Likes Received
    noone implied that the team is going to cut him, but if they were or if they were to trade him, what would be the cap hit. maybe you need to stop and think.
  19. cowboy_ron

4,234 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    Really?

What will save as far as cap space, if we cut the following players on or after June 1st?

Tony Romo
  20. CowboyChris

2,705 Messages
    64 Likes Received
    as a previous poster said, what IF Romo doesnt want to be extended? then we would have 2 choices, we can either try and trade him or cut him because 17 million cap hit would be very crippling.