1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What cap space will we save if we cut the following players on or after June 1st?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CowboyChris, Jan 1, 2013.

1. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

2,676 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Let me say this.....I think we can all agree here (I hope) we have several holes to fill this offseason...

(OL x 2) at the very least, (DL x 2) at the very least, OLB unless we spend big money to keep Spencer and even then, there is still a need at the OLB position, we still need a Safety, RB, and WR.

there is no way we are going to be able to address all those needs in the up coming draft.

So in order to try and fill most of those holes, we are going to need to be active in FA. but with our salary cap situation being very tight. i listed the players who are taking up big cap space on our roster, to see if its feasible to cut or release them on or before June 1st.

I didnt list Carr, but i think its almost a given we have to restructure his contract.

everyone is jumping on my *** about Romo, fact is he is counting 17 million this year against our cap. my question is what would he cost us if we released him on or after june 1st. i've been made very well aware that there is no way we would just flat out release him. its just a simple question.

heres the list again

Tony Romo
    Jay Ratliff
    Doug Free
    Miles Austin
    Bernadeau
    Livings