1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: What did Jimmy and Howie say?

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Champsheart, Aug 17, 2006.

1. Champsheart

Champsheart Active Member

2,566 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    On the Fox halftime report they said they where going to discuss the NFC East, but my station went to the fricking local news.

Can anyone give a recap of what Jimmy and Howie said?

I could care less what Terry said.
  2. acheman

acheman Member

975 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    That's funny because Jimmy picked the Eagles (I think) not sure what Howie said, but TERYY PICKED DALLAS TO WIN THE EAST.:)
  3. ravidubey

ravidubey Active Member

4,866 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    The Eagles are flying (no pun intended) under the radar. They have the best QB, OL, and DL in the division and also have an excellent secondary. They have the weakest LB's, WR's, and RB's, so they will be hit and miss, but anyone who sleeps on them is being stupid.
  4. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,057 Messages
    3,535 Likes Received
    I agree and I expect Jim Johnson to get more out of his defense than he did last season. I know most of the focus was on McNabb and TO but I think the biggest problem Philly had was on the defensive side of the ball and I don't expect that to be the case this season.
  5. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

24,721 Messages
    999 Likes Received
    How are measuring "the best" especially when it comes to QB???
  6. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,057 Messages
    3,535 Likes Received
    I would not call him the best but given the fact he was producing when he had no great WR I would consider him one of the better QB's in the league. He has thrown 134 TD to only 66 ints and has ran for 21 TD's. If there is one knock on him he has fallen apart in NFC championship games in the past but he has also lead his team to NFC Championship games.
  7. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,180 Messages
    155 Likes Received
    I disagree.....IMO the Giants have the best DL.....period
  8. chinch

chinch No Quarter

3,596 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Worst head coach
    Secondary is NOT excellent (rather mediocre)
    QB.. not really an advantage (can't play a tough game)
    OL/DL is questionable

but whatever.
  9. CoCo

CoCo Well-Known Member

5,546 Messages
    107 Likes Received
    Obviously I love it when Dallas reigns supreme.

But I also love it when we're simply playing great football and that is what I think may happen across the entire NFC East.

I would much rather win a hard-fought game against quality competition than beat the pants off a weak football team.

If we do our part in becoming a high quality team this year then I think its gonna be fun no matter how it turns out.

There was nothing better than beating the Eagles (a high quality team) in their house, for the first time under Jimmy. It was 1991, K-Mart's punt return (with Holt's crushing block) was the clincher! Even though we ultimately got wiped out in Detroit in the playoffs, it was clear we'd arrived as a force to be reckoned with. Man that was fun!
  10. NinePointOh

NinePointOh Well-Known Member

1,541 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    They have the best defensive ends without a doubt, but the team is very concerned about its DTs.
  11. stilltheguru

stilltheguru Well-Known Member

3,084 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    eagles secondary=very overrated
  12. peplaw06

peplaw06 That Guy

13,684 Messages
    409 Likes Received
    I'm sorry, but anyone who thinks McNabb isn't the best all around QB in the East is missing something
  13. stilltheguru

stilltheguru Well-Known Member

3,084 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    mcnabb is the best qb in the division.
  14. Cowboy Bebop

Cowboy Bebop Member

462 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    They are toying with a 4 end set for specific situations....That is very scary.
  15. Cowboy Bebop

Cowboy Bebop Member

462 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I want to argue that...but I can't. Man I hate that guy. Any time I see him in an interview he has such an entitled attitude, it really bothers me.
  16. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,455 Messages
    424 Likes Received
    i think it's more of philly's offensive line being productive rather than mcnabb being one of the best QB's in the league, give mcnabb dallas' offensive line late last season and see how he fares..mcnabb's accuracy has always been questioned, especially when his OL doesn't hold up as well
  17. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received

Couldnt agree more. And if you look at them closely they have the easiest first month of any of the teams.

They get houston, tenn. and green bay 3 of the first 4 weeks. They get the second week giants game but it is at philly which will be rocking.

I think Philly is going to start 4-0 and then give us the toughest game of the season in philly october 8th. If they win they will be 5-0 with 2 divisional wins.

If they get to 5-0 their confidence will be through the roof.

I think the thing holding them back possibly is the lousy linebackers they have. IF their DT's struggle again, those linebackers are in big trouble. Trotter is a monster against the run but if you get him in space with the tight ends in this division he is in trouble.

I can see philly winning 9+ games for sure and maybe as many as 11.
  18. Cowboy Bebop

Cowboy Bebop Member

462 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    ....14 seconds. And I hate you for making me relive that by the way.
  19. cowboys#1

cowboys#1 Finish!

2,409 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    i agree mcnugget is the best qb in the east...even though i hate him i would put him on our team in a heartbeat...
  20. DragonCowboy

DragonCowboy Well-Known Member

5,411 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    I would hate to have McNabb on our team. he would do nothing here. Look who's our WR...