1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What did we expect?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by fortdick, Nov 6, 2012.

1. fortdick

fortdick Well-Known Member

5,412 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    Well, at least I am not a quitter. That's what a lot of people here have done.
  2. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

18,128 Messages
    1,824 Likes Received
    I think your hostilities are misguided.

Why 'hate' against fans who are upset by a perpetually disappointing team?

How is it their fault?

If you want to be mad at anybody, be mad at 'the folks who brought you 3-5'.

I don't see how scolding fans for being down and disgusted by a losing team helps.
  3. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,876 Messages
    2,049 Likes Received
    Dude, acknowledging reality is not quitting.

And, BTW, there is no honor in blind optimism. Like your zeal, but blasting others who dont see it arent any lesser fans than you.
  4. Nation

Nation Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,524 Messages
    1,025 Likes Received
    They've played the toughest schedule in the league and have the 30th toughest for the next 8 games
  5. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    I do not, and will not expect much from this team until Garrett gets out of town. Ive seen enough from him from the past five years to know what he is all about. The light isnt any where close to clicking for him. Until he gets sent packing and some one with some cojones comes in, I expect the worst.
  6. wileedog

wileedog Well-Known Member

10,134 Messages
    826 Likes Received
    Why are you confusing being realistic about our chances with quitting?

Does anyone here actually want the team to lose 4 or 5 more games? Of course not. I imagine anyone who still takes the time to come to a message board about the Cowboys still wants to see them win.

But they are who their record says they are. And while I agree the schedule is getting a lot more favorable, especially with what I think is an imminent meltdown in Philly coming, its not like this team is just putting away bad teams like Tampa or Carolina either.

The fact is they are going to have to play much better, much more consistent and much more error free football then they have to date this season to run off 6 or 7 more wins this year. What exactly about Week 9 with this team makes them any different then who they were Week 8 or 7 or 6 when they were giving away football games they could have won?