1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What do you expect of Parcells next season?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by mr.jameswoods, Dec 19, 2005.

1. mr.jameswoods

mr.jameswoods Active Member

3,678 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    This is largely directed at those who believe in Parcells' plan for this team. All of us critics have had our say. I want to hear your side. What do you think is within Parcell's limits this offseason in regards to bringing players to our team?

Maybe some of us have been too demanding and unfairly criticized his past moves. Realistically speaking, what do you think is within his realm of accomplishment for next season both in terms of season record and player personnell.

What do you envision him doing?
  2. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

40,437 Messages
    2,192 Likes Received
    Me personally, I want him to stop being an *** about the QB position. He had plenty of opportunity to see what these other guys could do, but because he out to prove everyone wrong, we see no future.

I saw Peyton manning getting pressured all day long, but he managed to not be sacked 7 times, and managed to put his team in a position to win.

I don't see that in Bledsoe - So BP's needs to go up to Jerry Jones and ask him to extend him 3 years, and do whatever you need to do to get Quinn in t his years draft.
  3. Portland Fanatic

Portland Fanatic Active Member

4,459 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Here's my honest opinion....I think BP is overall very conservative on offense...duh. Pretty obvious. With that said Payton is FAR more conservative.....I like BP. I want Payton GONE!!! We need an aggressive OC to offset BP's conservative approach. Then maybe by then we will have what we need.

What I want from BP....FIRE Payton and oline coach!!! Get a real OC and let him do his thing....BP needs to stay more on the defensive side of the ball...that's what he's best at.
  4. Lifetimeboyzfan

Lifetimeboyzfan Active Member

1,119 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    I would like to see him stay the course and finish building this team to be a long term winner. This offseason, we should be able to do for the Oline what we did for the Dline this last offseason.
  5. Staubach12

Staubach12 Member

75 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    A division title and a playoff win. That is realistic and well within the realm of probability.
  6. Wolverine

Wolverine Zimmer Hater

2,467 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I was hoping we would get Terell Owens but no way do we get him now. Reason is that Parcells will use all the FA $$$ to keep Witten and Brady here and the rest on the OL.

T.O. would make it easier to win a Super Bowl but we need a good OL before T.O. Our WRs are just good nuff to get us there. I think we really are a good OL away from being Super Bowl contenders.

If you look at the reason we lost the big games this year like Denver and NYG and the Redskin game you can blame the whole loss all on the offensive line.

Parcells would like to go after other positions but look for a huge run on OL. When he does that people like you will have faith in Parcells again and hope he extends his contract.
  7. Wolverine

Wolverine Zimmer Hater

2,467 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Fire the OL coach and Zimmer first.
  8. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

40,437 Messages
    2,192 Likes Received
    A kicker and another monster OLB would seal the deal too.
  9. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

5,944 Messages
    1,610 Likes Received
    I was expecting that this year when we hired him. I figured based on what he did with Patriots and the Jets we will be in the NFC title game by his 4th year and the SB by his 5th year. I think it's going to take another 4 years before we get to the SB.
  10. DallasDomination

DallasDomination Well-Known Member

6,757 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    I expect no less than a Playoff birth and to make some noise in it...Anything less is failure.
  11. kojak

kojak Who Loves Ya Baby?

2,323 Messages
    75 Likes Received
  12. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and brew... Staff Member

21,499 Messages
    2,251 Likes Received
    First of all, how can anyone predict what our record will be next year when we don't even know who will be on the team?

As far as player personnel moves, we need a LOT of OL help, obviously. We need a FS. I'm not sold on Beriault. We need LB help........we need a lot of help all over.

Precisely the reason this "fire Parcells jargon" is ridiculous.
  13. chinch

chinch No Quarter

3,596 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    well said.
  14. te0002

te0002 Member

820 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    What do I expect?

Gameplans designed to attack an opponents weakness

Effective half-time adjustments

Teams mentally ready to play every game

Players with attitude

The firing of: Zimmer, Sparano, DeHaven

The endorsement of Gibbs for DC at A&M

Cutting:

Johnson

Gurode

Tucker

Barrow

Cundiff

Signing a real C, FS, OG / OT - as staters and for depth

OLB and

Develop a QB of the future - either through FA or the draft
  15. hockix

hockix Active Member

1,017 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    We need a real Oline coach.
  16. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,371 Messages
    380 Likes Received
    NFC Championship game. Period. Anything less is a MAJOR failure for a coach that gets as much pub as this guy does.
  17. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,371 Messages
    380 Likes Received
    Can you say Gary Darnell? Light on the D of course.
  18. Nors

Nors Benched

22,015 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Fix our offensive line

Add a Stud NT in draft, speed WR, Another patch catching TE

Put together better game day planning and game mgmt

Fire Zimmer and get a 3-4 guy in here
  19. kartr

kartr New Member

3,039 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I agree with everything you said,except for Quinn. He's not coming out this year and even if he were, we've already won too many games to get him. It would better to set our sights on Jacobs. He's just as accurate, is a better athlete and has had two good years in a row,not one like Quinn. Plus we should go after Jacobs receiver, Charles Sharon to boot. That'll keep the continuity going.
  20. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

40,437 Messages
    2,192 Likes Received
    Nose tackle has been horrible at best this year, we need a strong fatarse in here to man that middle on the DLine, and a strong fatarse for the center position.

I never thought of that scenario about Zimm coaching the 3/4. He is pretty sucky when it comes to that.