1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What do you think of Cole Beasley?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Arkyvarminter, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Arkyvarminter

Arkyvarminter Well-Known Member

1,111 Messages
    198 Likes Received
    Will he be on the team next year? This may sound dumb but is he even big enough to rely on in this league? I think he can play, but the dude just looks so small out there. He must be a heck of an athlete to make an NFL roster with his size...What do you think of Beasley?
  2. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,850 Messages
    1,108 Likes Received
    I love Beastley and think, if given a solid chance, he will become our slot star. Hopefully he will be given a full offseason to come in and prove himself yet again next year.
  3. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,874 Messages
    2,049 Likes Received
    Like him.

Would like to see us keep him and Harris with Dez. Get rid of Smiles and Otree. Go with guys that give effort and seem to run decent routes.
  4. maxdallasfan

maxdallasfan Well-Known Member

1,385 Messages
    559 Likes Received
    He'll never survive a full season. Got hurt after 1 catch last week.
  5. Arkyvarminter

Arkyvarminter Well-Known Member

1,111 Messages
    198 Likes Received
    I really like him too. He seems to have good hands and Romo seems to like him. I wish him the best...He's looks like a little kid out there though..
  6. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,503 Messages
    9,657 Likes Received
    [youtube]k_CAs3q7G48[/youtube]
  7. MonsterD

MonsterD Quota outta absentia

3,676 Messages
    311 Likes Received
    Not much, he is quick and not fast and a tiny guy. And he is not Wes Welker, Welker had speed and is bigger.
  8. Reverend Conehead

Reverend Conehead Well-Known Member

1,058 Messages
    291 Likes Received
    I like him a lot. I don't think he's starting material, but he's proven his worth as a role player.
  9. DuceizBak

DuceizBak Active Member

424 Messages
    99 Likes Received
    Keep Beasley.[I think he can become a starting player]

Love him.

Dez Bryant
    Dwayne Harris
    Cole Beasley

Cole beasley is good at route running.
  10. dcjules

dcjules Member

384 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    scrub....4th or 5th wr at best....too small and slow....a JAG!! 4th and 5th wr's for me must play (and be productive) special team guys...He is a nice story, ok player....but nothing special....he is not a new version of amendola???
  11. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,643 Messages
    1,479 Likes Received
    I think you should always be churning the bottom of the roster.
  12. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,472 Messages
    2,367 Likes Received
    I thought the line earlier this week that said he can't even ride on all the rides at Six Flags was one of the lines of the year. :laugh2:

Seriously though, I think he can get open underneath, but has a lot of limitations. I think he'll be in camp next year and may even make the team again. The kid is fun to watch.

One thing for sure. he led the team by far in the threads vs production ratio.
  13. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,850 Messages
    1,108 Likes Received
    His route running is really good! It's amazing how open good route discipline can get you.
  14. rags747

rags747 Well-Known Member

1,126 Messages
    159 Likes Received
    He's a keeper. Dwayne Harris is no speedster either. A slot receiver does not have to be a burner...he needs quickness and the Bease has quickness in spades and he has good hands. He's exactly what we need on this team...someone who will always give 110%. The pass where he got hurt Romo really layed him out there.
  15. dallasfan4lizife

dallasfan4lizife Well-Known Member

2,744 Messages
    332 Likes Received
    He's a well below average slot receiver that is seriously lacking in the size

department. Nice practice squad player but nothing more. Wish we would

have kept Amendola
  16. DuceizBak

DuceizBak Active Member

424 Messages
    99 Likes Received

LMAO @ too slow.

Beasley is athletic as hell.
    Dude is fast, he has decent speed. Plus he can dunk.

[youtube]98RatvXgojg[/youtube]

With those kind of hops he can go up and get the ball.
  17. DuceizBak

DuceizBak Active Member

424 Messages
    99 Likes Received

Exactly.
    People are acting like he's some slow poke.

Everytime he's thrown the ball someone is usually right on him.
  18. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,850 Messages
    1,108 Likes Received
    Yeah. We didn't know Amendola was Amendola until the following year elsewhere. We should give Cole one more year.
  19. Star Guard_31

Star Guard_31 Active Member

215 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    I think Jerry Jones regrets letting Danny Amendola get away and is desperately trying to find the next best thing so he gives another undrafted, diminutive WR from a local school a shot.

That's one of the problems with the Cowboys. Instead of getting ahead of the curve and being trend setters, we're constantly trying to play catchup and following other successful trends. We saw this happen when we elected to pass on drafting Randy Moss then signed the likes of Rocket Ismail, traded for Joey Galloway and Roy Williams, not to mention drafting Antonio Bryant somewhere in there. Now that the Welker and Amendola have carved out a niche we're trying to replicate that too. I'm sure next we'll be drafting an option QB and installing the pistol offense too. Sometimes I think we should be called the Dallas Sheep. :bang2:
  20. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,850 Messages
    1,108 Likes Received
    People are going to do that because they expect and thrive for immediate gratification at the skill positions. I don't pay much attention to it. He is no slow poke. There's no harm in sampling the groceries for another round.