1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What do you think of Cole Beasley?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Arkyvarminter, Jan 2, 2013.

1. rags747

rags747 Well-Known Member

1,104 Messages
    141 Likes Received
    Some of u people really crack me up. Jerry had nothing to do with the Bease making the team. The kid played his heart out this past training camp, caught everything and made people take notice. He is not too slow and he has plenty of quickness and he catches everything. He is perfect as a 4th or even 3rd receiver. We also have Danny Coale on the practice squad who was starting to make an impression in training camp.
  2. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,105 Messages
    470 Likes Received
    Quick and shifty... He has potential.
  3. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,980 Messages
    1,756 Likes Received
    Unless you compare him the 3rd receiver of recent superbowl winning teams:

2011: Mario Manningham (Giants)
    2010: Jordy Nelson (Packers)
    2009: Robert Meachem (Saints)

All those guys are essentially #2 WR types who were playing #3 WR because their teams had a lot of talent in the #1 and #2 WR spots.

Beasley doesn't seem like that type to me. The #3 WR needs to be someone who can step in for either of the starters if needed, and Beasley seems to limited for that.
  4. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Active Member

592 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    I think for a good offensive coordinator that was smart enough to put him in the game and run plays where he can use his quickness to create mismatches he could be a very effective player in a specific/ limit role in the offense.

For a guy like Garrett that doesnt know personel, matchups, gameplanning, implementation or isnt creative, he will be a waste here unless 3 or 4 people get hurt.

After all, It was Garrett in control of the offense when Armendola was let go.
  5. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,105 Messages
    470 Likes Received
    He's not that fast... He's quick.
  6. batman36

batman36 Member

508 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think Danny Amendola is a free agent this oppseason, so....
  7. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,859 Messages
    2,082 Likes Received
    I'm excited to see what he does after they put some muscle on him.
  8. T-RO

T-RO Well-Known Member

4,403 Messages
    319 Likes Received
    This...re. the need to play STs.

He's much smaller than Welker! A db falls and rolls on him just a bit...and the guy is done for the year.

Sorry, I don't see it.
  9. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,812 Messages
    1,086 Likes Received
    This.
  10. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,793 Messages
    1,879 Likes Received
    Beasley is the type of guy that you would only play in 4 and 5 wide sets IMO
  11. BAZ

BAZ Drunken Mick

2,682 Messages
    543 Likes Received
    Funny seeing people slurp Amendola in this thread, bloke is hurt more then Austin, he would be a villian on the Cowboys.
  12. MartinRamone

MartinRamone Well-Known Member

1,470 Messages
    112 Likes Received
    He should be a keeper, always made plays when he was given the chance.
    But i dont think the staff thinks highly of him when scrubs like Ogletree get so many more snaps than him.
  13. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,167 Messages
    2,235 Likes Received
    Harris seems like the 3 to me
  14. cowboyschmps3

cowboyschmps3 Well-Known Member

2,703 Messages
    178 Likes Received
    Like him he just needs too Add strength and some power so he won't always be getting pushed around and getting injured when talked by bigger players
  15. cowboyschmps3

cowboyschmps3 Well-Known Member

2,703 Messages
    178 Likes Received
    Harris is the number 3 but if something happens too Austin this year or on 4 wide sets him and Austin inside
  16. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,125 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    +1:):D :D
  17. bark

bark Well-Known Member

2,447 Messages
    1,055 Likes Received
    like the kid, but I'm afraid for his saftey...
  18. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

4,699 Messages
    1,295 Likes Received
    Not a fan. All the hype by people really soured me on him, also him walking out on the team and being able to come back like he was some star player really bothered me. I am not a fan of his size, and I am tired of everyone trying to compare him to Wes welker because he is white. Give it up ready Harris is more on the welker mold than cole.

Personally I think this team dumps Austin and I think Harris becomes the #2 guy. He reminds me a lot of a smaller version of Dez. We will need to find another WR this year maybe in the draft. Otree can fly a kite along with this guy. I am tired of the all "hype by fan players" and the lets compare him to "insert players name here" if he is white he is Danny amendola or Wes welker. I would love to get the kid from USC and pair him with Dez and let Harris play the slot as I think Harris has way more value and plays with passion. Cole couldn't hold Harris jock period.
  19. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,019 Messages
    5,366 Likes Received
    At this minute, he is the 4th best WR on the roster until proven otherwise. Ogletree is a FA that I don't see returning.

The problem is that Beasley puts a strain on the 46-man game day roster. He only gets a few snaps on offense and Zero on Special Teams. It's difficult to keep that type of player active for game day.
  20. Ultimategamer5567

Ultimategamer5567 Member

824 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    XD Risen, too much, man. I can't stop laughing!