1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What do you think of Rashad Johnson?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by dboyz, Apr 24, 2009.

1. dboyz

dboyz Active Member

805 Messages
    68 Likes Received
    I don't get the chance to watch a lot of college football anymore, but I see Rashad Johnson is a fairly well rated safety, yet there hasn't been much talk about him that I've seen. He is intriguing to me because he seems like a good athlete who played in a good conference.

What are the thoughts on him?
  2. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,706 Messages
    3,197 Likes Received
    I think he's a better fit for this defense than what Chung is.
  3. rolldog

rolldog Member

37 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think he'll end up being the best safety in this class. The big drawback is that he's too cerebral. I'll take that anytime!
  4. Rampage

Rampage Benched

24,117 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    that's cause he's small. I can see him being like Bob Sanders(often injured) but better against the pass instead of the run like Bob.
  5. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,697 Messages
    1,500 Likes Received
    the scouts like him alot. Main strength DOESNT miss tackles, heady player. Interesting fact, you dont have to run as fast if you are in the right place.:cool:
  6. MCowboys

MCowboys New Member

289 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He is exactly the same size as Louis Delmas. Unlike Delmas, he dominated against much better competition and based on all I have seen and heard is better in coverage. He isn't as physical though. I still like him better than Delmas and Chung though
  7. Paniolo22

Paniolo22 Hawaiian Cowboy

3,626 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    I would not be sad at all if we got him. Anyone that works their way up from walk-on to potential 2nd round pick has got my attention.
  8. Tobal

Tobal Well-Known Member

2,013 Messages
    89 Likes Received
    I love him, Cowboys don't appear interested, but then the Bennet thing was kept quite.
  9. Goldenrichards83

Goldenrichards83 Active Member

1,612 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Agreed. Teams will regret they pass on this guy.
  10. hendog

hendog Well-Known Member

2,097 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    my fave safety.
  11. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,822 Messages
    143 Likes Received
    my favorite safety in the draft.....
  12. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    he's as big as Louis Delmas
  13. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Well, that anonymous scouts article said he bulked up for the combine and only played in the 180s in college. That's like Newman size.

That's awfully small, and he might have trouble keeping weight on during the season.

Just devil's advocate. You have to like a guy with his guts and smarts, but can he tackle Brandon Jacobs?
  14. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

7,096 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    I think Rashard has a shot to be the best safety in this draft, especially in coverage/intelligence.
  15. CaptainAmerica

CaptainAmerica Active Member

5,017 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    He was a better college player than Roman Haper, (former Bama safety) who was a second round pick of the Saints and is a pretty good player now for the Saints.

There's a lot to like about him. Saban said he knew his defense better than the defensive assistant coaches and almost as good as he (Saban) knows it.

If we are looking for football players he is one of them in this draft. His size is a negative and he was a walk on, but he is always around the ball. Last season, Gary Danielson called him the best safety in college football and said he reminded him of Reggie Nelson.
  16. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    to be fair, Brandon will run over just about any safety
  17. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    We could draft Tim Tebow next yr and move him to safety. His sheer awesomeness would cause Jacobs to just fall down at the LOS.
  18. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,822 Messages
    143 Likes Received
    I want Rashad Johnson and Nate Ness in this draft
  19. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    I doubt teams would even bother showing up.
  20. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Tebow just has to stomp his foot into the ground and make all the offensive players fall over

when he's on O, he parts defenses