1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What does it mean when the VP debates have higher viewership than the Pres. debates?

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by theogt, Oct 8, 2008.

1. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,042 Messages
    1,152 Likes Received
  2. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,243 Messages
    4,572 Likes Received
    She was the new thing and many have never heard of her or seen her before. Plus those that had seen those interviews and some were waiting to see if there was a melt down or if she would do well.
    Others wanted to see if Biden could manage to put his foot in his mouth enough to create a new guiness world record.
  3. Maikeru-sama

Maikeru-sama Mick Green 58

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That's nothing new.

I remember back in 2000, after the Joe Lieberman/Dick Cheney debate, everyone scratched their head and wondered why their debates were more interesting then the Presidential Candidates of Bore and Gush.
  4. bobtheflob

bobtheflob New Member

1,768 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    People have been hearing and seeing Obama and McCain for 10 months. Most people hadn't heard of Palin a few weeks ago.
  5. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,042 Messages
    1,152 Likes Received
    Any numbers to back that up?
  6. Maikeru-sama

Maikeru-sama Mick Green 58

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Nope, I couldn't find anything after a light google search.

I just remeber all the networks saying how boring Bush/Gore debates were and that they were flooded with email saying people were wondering why Cheney/Lieberman were not running for POTUS.
  7. NinePointOh

NinePointOh Well-Known Member

1,541 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    It's not necessarily "popular" in the sense that everybody likes her. "Polarizing" is more accurate. Conservatives tuned in because she excites them, and liberals tuned in because she riles them up.