1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What happened to Cole Beasley yesterday?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Boyzmamacita, Oct 28, 2013.

1. HowAboutThemCowboys

HowAboutThemCowboys Well-Known Member

3,349 Messages
    905 Likes Received
    He was double covered. All our receivers are doubled covered when they get in the game.
    Boyzmamacita likes this.
  2. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,696 Messages
    149 Likes Received
    Yeah, Harris would be great in bubble screens and such, and should be used in this role on offense to take advantage of his return skills. I always feel like I'm repeating myself, but if we do cut Austin, we have to bring in another WR in the draft or free agency.

We can't afford to assume that TWill, Beasley, or for that matter Escobar or Hanna are ready for the role of #3 in this offense behind Dez and Witten if Austin isn't here, cause right now they definitely aren't ready.
  3. Staubacher

Staubacher Well-Known Member

3,381 Messages
    3,575 Likes Received
    Williams is. It's hard to argue that Austin would be doing better than him. That's why we should get a WR now - I mean this week - to give us depth until season's end. Williams will be ready to be a true #2 by next season then and we are stacked now if we get one.

Jerrah has to make some moves, he cannot be so dumb as to not see this defense is falling apart both in injury and ability and the only way to salvage this season is add some midseason guys and win shootouts.
  4. anava

anava Well-Known Member

1,611 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    Teams have film om Beasley now. We dont change things up so they know how to shut it down, we have to most predectible boring unimaginable offense I have ever seen.
  5. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

11,806 Messages
    880 Likes Received

It's not that we lost, although that sucks, it's HOW we lost.

27-17 with three left in the 4th. UN-freakin acceptable. This ain't the first time either...........
    Boyzmamacita likes this.
  6. crashintonickdm

crashintonickdm Well-Known Member

1,258 Messages
    423 Likes Received
    yeah, i know. it was horrendous
  7. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

11,806 Messages
    880 Likes Received

Worse yet,crash................it's a pattern.
  8. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,696 Messages
    149 Likes Received
    Well the D is a whole nother topic that I will leave alone in this thread cause its not about that. The hope is both Escobar and TWill are ready for the #3 role next year, but by no means is it a forgone conclusion. As for this season, neither are ready so we need Austin for right now.

Give me another WR or even TE to work with cause I'm not confident in Hanna (he has sucked) or Beasley being able to handle bigger roles even if Escobar or TWill are ready next year. If Escobar and TWill are both ready next year, then thats best case cause we can leave Hanna and Beasley in their present roles and be fine, but thats a big 'if' when you say both of them being ready.
  9. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

6,145 Messages
    1,163 Likes Received
    Plain and simple: no running game, no play action.
  10. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

24,179 Messages
    2,762 Likes Received
    I have my own issues with Austin...
    but i can't begin to imagine how bad that "punk" would punk you in a dark ally.:cool:
  11. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

14,901 Messages
    2,320 Likes Received
    COLEY COLE!!!!! LOL!
  12. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

14,901 Messages
    2,320 Likes Received
    I haven't seen any hate in this thread.
  13. CooterBrown

CooterBrown Well-Known Member