1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What I would like to see Mocks

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by UnoDallas, Apr 15, 2011.

1. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    FA - Sign Blalock as OG
    Sign Huff as Safety

1 #9 Tyron Smith, OT, USC 6-5 #320 -Smith is the future of offensive tackles - Despite his “small” stature, that is actually where Smith gained experience in college. His versatility, though, would allow him to be a “swing” tackle for Dallas–he would start at right tackle, but move to the left side if Free would get hurt

2 #40 Ras Dowling, CB, Vir 6-1 #198 – has been used in zone and man. Is good in both, giving him some flexibility. Seems to understand complex route principles and typically isn't beat on double moves. Is decent supporting the run. Tackling is above-average for a cornerback - 2008- 3 INTS, 43 tackles, 11 pass breakups - 2009- 3 INTS, 58 tackles, 8 pass breakups

3 #71 John Moffitt, G/C, Wisconsin 6-4 #314 - hes just a nasty player - Does a better-than-expected job in the open field. As a pass blocker, sets up well and can drop anchor and hold position. Mirrors well and keeps his feet beneath him. Can handle being left on an island. Plays with power and strength, and has a bit of nastiness in his game. Well-respected player who is coachable and high-character

4 #110 Deunta Williams, FS, North Carolina 6-2 #205 – JG will have inside info on his injury – I think he has all pro potential

5 #143 Henry Hynoski, FB, Pitt 6-2 #260 - Big, nasty throwback FB who played in a pro-style offense

6 #176 Chris White, ILB, Mississippi State 6-3 #240 - 2010: White compiled 13 starts and 110 total tackles to lead the Bulldogs. Plays downhill and able to shed blockers in the hole and make tackles. Great sense for the ball and quickness to get to the point of attack. Good lateral movement. Drops well in coverage. Hard worker and good leadership

7a #220 Cecil Shorts III, WR/KR Mount Union, 6 #200 - Serious speed, and a serious deep threat. Will catch in traffic and will catch across the middle. Will catch what he should. Good ups. Will fight for first downs

7b #252 Markell Carter, OLB, Central Arkansas, 6-4 #250 - At best Carter is a seventh- round pick, but he will be a coveted free agent because of his potential. With good length and quickness, he could become an excellent pass rusher with the room to run (he had 5.5 sacks, but 19 tackles for loss as a senior defensive end at UCA).
  2. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Trade down mock

FA - Sign Blalock as OG
    Sign Huff as Safety

1 #14 – 18 Derek Sherrod, OT Mississippi State 6-6 #317 - He plays out of both a 2-point and 3-point stance with good snap reaction and initial quickness. He is a consistently good run blocker who shows the power to get movement and the athleticism to get to the second level. He has some nasty in his play and I like the way he runs his feet and looks to finish blocks. In pass protection, he sets quickly and shows good lateral agility. He moves his feet well, stays in balance and can recover versus counter moves

2 #40 Ras Dowling, CB, Vir 6-1 #198 – has been used in zone and man. Is good in both, giving him some flexibility. Seems to understand complex route principles and typically isn't beat on double moves. Is decent supporting the run. Tackling is above-average for a cornerback - 2008- 3 INTS, 43 tackles, 11 pass breakups - 2009- 3 INTS, 58 tackles, 8 pass breakups

2b – 3a Krenrick Ellis, DT, Hampton 6-5 #346 - Is powerful, can anchor as a nose and is athletic enough to get looks as a five-technique as well

3 #71 John Moffitt, G/C, Wisconsin 6-4 #314 - hes just a nasty player - Does a better-than-expected job in the open field. As a pass blocker, sets up well and can drop anchor and hold position. Mirrors well and keeps his feet beneath him. Can handle being left on an island. Plays with power and strength, and has a bit of nastiness in his game. Well-respected player who is coachable and high-character

4 #110 Deunta Williams, FS, North Carolina 6-2 #205 – JG will have inside info on his injury – I think he has all pro potential

5 #143 Henry Hynoski, FB, Pitt 6-2 #260 - Big, nasty throwback FB who played in a pro-style offense

6 #176 Chris White, ILB, Mississippi State 6-3 #240 - 2010: White compiled 13 starts and 110 total tackles to lead the Bulldogs. Plays downhill and able to shed blockers in the hole and make tackles. Great sense for the ball and quickness to get to the point of attack. Good lateral movement. Drops well in coverage. Hard worker and good leadership

7a #220 Cecil Shorts III, WR/KR MountUnion, 6 #200 - Serious speed, and a serious deep threat. Will catch in traffic and will catch across the middle. Will catch what he should. Good ups. Will fight for first downs

7b #252 Markell Carter, OLB, Central Arkansas, 6-4 #250 - At best Carter is a seventh- round pick, but he will be a coveted free agent because of his potential. With good length and quickness, he could become an excellent pass rusher with the room to run (he had 5.5 sacks, but 19 tackles for loss as a senior defensive end at UCA).
  3. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,234 Messages
    1,394 Likes Received
    This one, I like better...
  4. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    whats wrong with these mocks ?
  5. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,270 Messages
    1,216 Likes Received
    From what I'm hearing, Williams will be a lost cause this year and will need to go on IR and brought back up to speed the following year, not sure you can take a guy like that at the top of the 4th, but personally I like the 2nd mock better than the 1st since we get both a RT and a lane clogger, two things this team needs badly.
  6. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    to bad about Williams - and he had the potential to be the first safety off the baord - IMO
  7. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,501 Messages
    348 Likes Received
    yeah I think he will go into the 5th or 6th, maybe even undrafted. Look at Myron Rolle last year.
  8. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I like to get him in the 6 or 7 why not use one of those

if he could get back his game

well like I said am sure JG and Jerry know more about his situation

than any of us