1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What if Foles could be made available?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by ghst187, Feb 1, 2013.

1. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

5,512 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    Sorry if this has been discussed before...but with all the rumors saying Chip Kelly is interested in a different QB....what if Foles could be made available....

I personally would love to get him for a fair price. I think even a first round+ pick would be a fair price if our scouts thought he could be special. What Brady, Manning, Brees, Romo, Hutchinson, Carter, and etc have taught us is that there is no price too steep to pay for a franchise QB in this league as it exists currently.
    Give him a year as the backup and then let him compete for the starting job.
    Based on what i saw of him, seemed like he very well could end up being a quality starter soon.....
    thoughts?
  2. EchoBrain22

EchoBrain22 beWaredizzle

228 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    Pass on Napoleon Dynamite.
  3. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,672 Messages
    854 Likes Received
    Nope. Wanna draft a guy.
  4. Supercowboy1986

Supercowboy1986 Well-Known Member

1,028 Messages
    146 Likes Received
    negative, i don't think he is as good as people make him seem.
  5. EvilJerry88

EvilJerry88 Active Member

356 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    I think he could be a real good player in the future.

But trying to trade for him after such a small sample would be pretty irresponsible. They wouldn't trade him him for less than they drafted him for, so we'd be giving up a potential starter for a project QB.

And more importantly, it's just not gonna happen. These types of trades just don't happen in the NFL. There's a close to a 0% chance.

If we replace Romo soon it should be with a top pick at QB in the draft (which we don't have).
  6. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,018 Messages
    1,332 Likes Received
    He may develop into a decent QB but I wasn't real impressed with what I saw out of him last year.
  7. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,923 Messages
    1,797 Likes Received
    Yeah, I would try to sign him if he were released. I don't know that I would trade for him unless the coaching staff sees something in him that they believe could work for us but yeah, I do think he's got some talent and I was impressed with him in spots last year.
  8. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,899 Messages
    327 Likes Received
    I'd probably give them Orton and a 3rd but he didn't show enough to justify a first imo.
  9. EPL0c0

EPL0c0 The Funcooker

5,012 Messages
    259 Likes Received
    i thought Foles was the guy that played Tanner Boyle in the original "Bad News Bears movies.
  10. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,694 Messages
    1,124 Likes Received
    Looked like his ceiling would be an average nfl qb, certainly nothing special.
  11. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,541 Messages
    8,485 Likes Received
    Wow. People would really be interested in this?

Please no.
  12. elcocinero

elcocinero Member

482 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Romo at 50 > Foles
  13. zack

zack Well-Known Member

2,103 Messages
    300 Likes Received
    :laugh1:
  14. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,174 Messages
    236 Likes Received
    Nah he sucks. And not mobile enough for the new generation of QB in the NFL. Plus, it's Andy Reid and his system. One of the best spots a QB can land is the backup on Reid's team :laugh2:
  15. rynochop

rynochop Well-Known Member

2,492 Messages
    300 Likes Received
    Well the barely average qb would be considered better than romo by many around here.
  16. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,889 Messages
    896 Likes Received
    I would offer Washington a #2 for Cousins I'm sure one of the reasons they drafted him was to trade him later to possibly get back some picks after the RG3 deal.
  17. cowboysooner

cowboysooner Well-Known Member

1,382 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    I don't think he will ever be a top ten or twelve qb.
  18. Blitzen32

Blitzen32 Member

205 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Dallas has a coaching problem. NOT a quarterback problem.

Lets get Romo a solid coaching staff that can actually groom players and design a system to work with their talents and then see what happens.

Foles would fail here also under the current regime because he's extremely raw and needs to be coached up. The fact that we've yet to develop anyone behind Romo during the Garrett years tells me that we don't have the coaching staff in place to accomplish this.
  19. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,889 Messages
    896 Likes Received
    You still have to prepare for life after Romo. After what happened in the season finale fans are starting to get down on him even some that have supported him. No one knows when his game will start to slide and you have to be prepared you can't just leave yourself with a journeymen like Kyle Orton. The Cowboys need to start developing a young QB who has starting potential for when Romo has to be replaced. This is about the future not next season.
  20. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    Does that really make him better?