1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What if Jerry said we were in rebuilding mode?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Bluestang, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

5,513 Messages
    716 Likes Received
    If Jerry had came out and said that we are in re-building mode instead of talking about SB windows how would you feel about this season and last season?

Just looking for honest answers.
  2. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    Does this involve actually rebuilding (trading Romo, Ware, other assets) or is this just to take heat off of Red?
  3. Bluestang

5,513 Messages
    716 Likes Received

This has nothing to do with the current HC, the question was if Jerry said this team is in rebuilding mode how would the last two seasons be judged.
  4. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,761 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    I would feel better about this season but last season we were competitive in every game and just fizzed out both late in games and in the season
  5. 17yearsandcounting

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received

If you rebuild, you rebuild.

This is setting up to be another excuse thread. I can see it a mile away.

"Ohhh, but we were REBUILDING. With a 32 year old QB, and several other key players at or around 30 years old. Thats it. REBUILDING.
  6. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,739 Messages
    2,386 Likes Received

I would have no problem with it if it was the honest truth. You dont have to come out and say "we suck, dont bother even watching the games", but you can say "we are looking toward the future" or something like that.
  7. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,929 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Of course not. First, most people know not to take most of what Jerry says too seriously. And second, we all know that in today's NFL, when you have a possible HOF TE, a perennial DPOY candidate, good WRs, solid LBs, and, most of all, a top QB, you are *not* rebuilding. Especially one year removed from an 11-5, NFCE champion year.
  8. Bluestang

5,513 Messages
    716 Likes Received
    A question was simply asked, what you interpret out of it is your prerogative.

There are plenty of other threads to wave your pitchfork at.
  9. Beast_from_East

14,739 Messages
    2,386 Likes Received
    Yea, if we are rebuilding then we need to ship out some high priced vets for draft picks.

Romo and Ware both come to mind, useless to keep them if we are in rebuild mode. They will be too old by the time the team is playoff caliber.

We need to do what Indy did, just blow the whole thing up.
  10. 17yearsandcounting

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received

You cant just say 'were rebuilding' there has to be follow through action or its all lip service so Reddy can learn on the job without the fans jumping on him.

You dont claim 'rebuild' mode and then keep your QB till he is 32, and waste away 2 of his prime years.
  11. 17yearsandcounting

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    Obviously.
  12. Beast_from_East

14,739 Messages
    2,386 Likes Received

Agreed, you have to make the moves to rebuild. LIke Indy releasing Manning.
  13. McLovin

McLovin Well-Known Member

3,386 Messages
    1,157 Likes Received
    Very good question, but a hard question to answer.

I think many would have been more patient. But, its hard to sell that when your skill players are roughly unchanged (QB, WR, OLB, TE, RB).

Personally, I appreciated the Parcells way of handling it. He was realistic, challenged young players, kept egos in check and didnt let Jerry make outlandish statements.

I enjoyed those seasons much more than Jerry being a drunk optimist and Garrett treating media and fans with evasiveness and contempt.

Great question Bluestang...I really appreciated your screenshots in the other thread...nice job
  14. Bluestang

5,513 Messages
    716 Likes Received
    How many teams in the NFL have cut 4 of their 5 starters on their OL in 2 seasons?

All 5 starters in 3 seasons?
  15. 17yearsandcounting

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  16. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,741 Messages
    2,417 Likes Received
    I know that one. One. This one.
  17. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,393 Messages
    1,261 Likes Received
    If he thought that why did he trade for Caliborne like they were one player away.
  18. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,929 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    The funny thing is that at the time, no one took that angle. The party line was that we cut those lazy, sorry, overpaid underachievers on our OL and now we had a bunch of hungry, scrappy, and accountable RKGs.

Only now in hindsight is it an excuse.
  19. tecolote

tecolote Well-Known Member

1,823 Messages
    591 Likes Received
    And how many teams did that and got worse players than the ones they got rid of.

Great plan!!!
  20. notherbob

notherbob Active Member

2,856 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    :eek:: I no longer care what Jerry Jones says. I have become indifferent to him and the cowboys as well. It's a shame since I have been following them since 1961. It no longer makes any difference to me whether they win or lose or just quit.

Jerry Jones has single-handedly driven me away.

Life is good anyway; there are many other things to care about closer to home. I still haunt this forum occasionally because I enjoy reading the posts of some of the members. An interesting observation about growing older is that I have lost a lot of the testosterone that got me in so many kinds of trouble earlier in life and I don't really miss it very much. Life is as good as you let it be. :)