1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What if the unthinkable happens?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by lcharles, Oct 25, 2005.

1. AMERICAS_FAN

AMERICAS_FAN Active Member

7,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I would be truly upset in admitting that this team is much like the QC team that overachieved offensively in its wins, despite good (not great) defensive play year reound.

Jerry will be on every media show blowing his frustration, talking like a coach and proclaiming how he will look at everything - players, coaches, gameplan, etc. - to determine what the real problem is. However he will put most of the heat on the coaches. The media will then ask Parcells what he thinks of all this and BP will put the balme on the players while trowing arpond catchphrases like "I don't know anything about that", or "we didn't execute", or "we are what we are ["we" - meaning the players]".

The media will simply blame the coaching and agree with Jerry Jones - pointing to a young team that lack's coaching direction. Mind you the only reason the media will do this is to fuel Jerry Jones' tryrade in blaming the coaches, with the alterior motive of creating juicy stories to write about as they atempt to create a rift between coaches, players and ownership.

AF
  2. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,483 Messages
    3,769 Likes Received
    I would beg Reality to close the board for a few days so I don't see people going postal.

My dogs would not get near me...when I get mad over a game I just have to give the dogs a look and they slowly walk away lol.

Then after that I would say...oh well no use crying over spilled milk now, it's bridge under the water and look forward to the next game.
  3. silver

silver Well-Known Member

5,351 Messages
    279 Likes Received
    it won't happen. the boys will be ready. the offense will be ready. witten and co will go medieval on the cards.
  4. silver

silver Well-Known Member

5,351 Messages
    279 Likes Received
    freudian slip?

bridge under the water indeed, that's exactly how i'd feel.
  5. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,371 Messages
    835 Likes Received
    we will see the return of the "lose the rest of the games and draft Leinhart" thread
  6. kingwhicker

kingwhicker BCRSA

3,290 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I wouldn't be terribly shocked if the Cardinals win. I would be terribly PO'ed if they beat us the same way the Skins, the Raiders, and the Seahawks (and the Giants nearly) did.
  7. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,371 Messages
    835 Likes Received
    Whenever I hear Cardinals I always think back to that playoff game in 1999 where Billy Davis had a huge drop early on to kill a drive and we couldn't do squat after that.

I see that play in my nightmares.

Does anyone else have this problem or should I seek psychological assistance?
  8. Dallas4ever

Dallas4ever Active Member

2,547 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I'm not so sure this should be considered "unthinkable". Too much parity in the league to circle this one as a definite win. The difference nowadays is the fact that your good teams show up to play every week and very seldomly play down to their opponents level. The Cowboys even with a premier coach are having to learn this.
  9. Dallas4ever

Dallas4ever Active Member

2,547 Messages
    2 Likes Received

You might wan't to get a little help.:laugh2:

;)
  10. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,483 Messages
    3,769 Likes Received

Ahh..good catch.

Maybe listening to Simon and Garfunkle yesterday evening mess me up.

Bridge over troubled water.
  11. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,514 Messages
    4,752 Likes Received
    :lmao:

Followed by, "I am happy with that!"
  12. ka0tik

ka0tik DALLAS

2,857 Messages
    55 Likes Received
    :lmao:
  13. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

11,910 Messages
    920 Likes Received
    Not only that. The Dolphins should have won that game. Late comeback by the Cards and an absolutely dumb move by Dave Wannstedt on a penalty. Can't remember the specifics, but I do remember watching the game.

Rich...
  14. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,439 Messages
    4,395 Likes Received
    :hammer:
  15. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,692 Messages
    1,058 Likes Received
    Most hypothetical questions are ********, this one is no different.

These type of questions remind me hearing the girls at my sisters sleepovers.

What would you do if ... ? What if ... ? What would happen if ... ? What would you say if .. ?

Dumb questions.

What if a rain drop fell that was so big that it got stuck in the hole in the roof at Texas Stadium, ... what would you do ?

What would you do if Parcells put a helmet on and went out to return a kick-off ?

What would you say if Jerry sold the Cowboys to Saddam Hussein ?

Dumb, waste of time.
  16. DallasDomination

DallasDomination Well-Known Member

6,244 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    OMG dont even get me started on this What if Arizona beats us CRAP!.

In my mind I'm convinced that we're going tos tomp them....But if we dont and for some reason lose, OMFG I'll go crazy.

Expect a lot of Trash talking from me you and every other person on this board.
  17. JackMagist

JackMagist The Great Communicator

5,726 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    My reaction would depend on how we lost it. But likely I would go into the kitchen and clean it up (it's therapy for me) and have everyone leave me alone until I am through being boiling mad. Then I would come here and complain about what went wrong (support group therapy). Then move on to the next game.
  18. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,523 Messages
    1,506 Likes Received
    LOL!!!

What were you doing listening in on your Sisters sleep overs?

;)
  19. Henry

Henry New Member

249 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Redskin fan here.

The Cardinals are not going to beat you, so don't worry about it.

Really.
  20. Everlastingxxx

Everlastingxxx All Star

7,211 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    Haha
    :p: