1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

what if

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by jblaze2004, Feb 3, 2012.

1. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,546 Messages
    390 Likes Received
    we are sitting on the clock at 14 and trent richardson is still on the board do we take him? I know we really don't need a running back and etc, especially since you can find rb's all over the draft. But we do not have a trent richardson type back on our team. Felix and murray are injuries waiting to happen.

I love murray though. But he was dinged up and injured alot in college and felix was dinged up and injured alot in the pro's:laugh2:. Richardson can carry the load and is a beast. He is a load to bring down and is pretty quick.

you decide.......
  2. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,244 Messages
    1,171 Likes Received
    Cant do it and I think he'll be a difference maker. Gotta have a line to run behind and too many other holes to fill. Guy is a winner though.
  3. jblaze2004

8,546 Messages
    390 Likes Received
    so you would pass on adrian peterson if he was there are 14? I think we are only going to look at one guard and maybe make a move at center (even though i have a feeling jerry is inlove with costa starting:bang2: ).

I think if we make a move for nicks or another good guard, then taking trent richardson will be great (depending on what he does at the combine, can't have him running a 4.6). I think arkin or nagy was drafted to take over at guard (or we might even sign a one year guy like holland or dockery back to be a stop gap while we develope our young guards).
  4. respectdatstar

respectdatstar Member

685 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I see what you are saying. If we get Nicks or Grubbs via FA and look at Center in the 2nd or 3rd, we could take Richardson. But we have so many other needs that I don't think it would make sense. We have a ton of playmakers on offense. What we don't have are blockers up front or game changers on defense, save Ware. So, with the number of holes on defense and question marks on the line, I wouldn't do it. And I love Richardson.
  5. unionjack8

unionjack8 Well-Known Member

1,956 Messages
    283 Likes Received
    shouldnt even be a discussion imo. This team has too many gaping holes and he wont get us to ten wins let alone 12. RB was not the issue last year.

And i think he's going to be a very good pro for a long time. Talent isnt the point here, out poor talentless team is .
  6. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No. Same line of thinking last year when folks were claiming Mark Ingram was next Emmitt Smith.
  7. dalboy

dalboy one man wolf pack

1,081 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Emmitt Smith admits to this day the reason he was great was because of the holes his O-line/FB made for him. We have 2 really good backs here already lets give them some holes to run through and see how good they really are.
  8. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,801 Messages
    5,520 Likes Received
    Pretty quick decision.
  9. Tex

Tex Active Member

558 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    Good gawd if we draft a WR, RB or QB at 14 I will puke. We need to build the OL and defense.

Tex
  10. fortdick

fortdick Well-Known Member

5,412 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    If we don't fix OL, we will need extra RB's and QB's.

Just saying....
  11. jblaze2004

8,546 Messages
    390 Likes Received
    lol good one:laugh2:
  12. jblaze2004

8,546 Messages
    390 Likes Received
    Richardson>Ingram......

It would be nice to punish people in the run game, give the giants a taste of there own medicine with this bull. We played alot better when we could actually run the ball. When murray went down, we started to lose alot of games down the stretch. We could of used an elite back.
    [youtube]abk3HgvwEeI[/youtube]
  13. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I agree, but how is Richardson gonna punish people when he's being hit 3-yards deep in the backfield?
  14. jblaze2004

8,546 Messages
    390 Likes Received
    tru but i said if we get nicks or grubbs in FA. I think we drafted arkin and nagy to be a guard or center. And then pick up a FA center (low priced FA). We can always draft a guard and center in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounds. Heck I think we might keep dockery or holland to be a starter next year.