1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What If.....

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by ceerrece, Jan 4, 2013.

1. ceerrece

ceerrece Active Member

271 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    Let's imagine for a second that the new coaching staff in K.C. doesn't consider Geno Smith with the first choice overall... now imagine that neither of the other teams in need of a QB took him... so he falls to #18, would you consider drafting him to become Romo's succesor, considering that at the moment QB is not our most pressing need?
  2. ABQcowboyJR

ABQcowboyJR Well-Known Member

2,818 Messages
    82 Likes Received
    No. But I don't really think geno is all that.
  3. IAmLegend

IAmLegend Well-Known Member

2,887 Messages
    608 Likes Received
    I'd be shocked if he fell past Arizona at 7 and Buffalo at 11, but even if he did, I really don't think Jerry and JG would take him. Something tells me Jerry would rather have Tyler Wilson of they're both available. But, there's so many QB's in this draft that I think they might just take their chances on a QB sometime between the 3rd-6th rounds.
  4. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

10,156 Messages
    2,993 Likes Received
    No, but it might be a good opportunity to trade down.
  5. BruceLee5450

BruceLee5450 Well-Known Member

2,107 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    #1 he isn't falling to 18...1 of these teams will take a chance on Geno -Chiefs-Cardinals-Jets-Jags-Raiders

To answer your question though, NO I wouldn't draft him...
  6. Questfor6

Questfor6 Well-Known Member

1,220 Messages
    224 Likes Received
    I'm a WVU fan & I wouldn't draft him if he's there in the 2nd. He really regressed during the season this year. In the first few games it was easy the first few games to make big plays because the D's they played were horrible. Once teams started pressuring & confusing him with coverages, he couldn't come off his first read without either getting sacked or making a dumb play. If I were a GM looking for a QB this is the year to try and find a guy & groom him for later, not plug him in & play like this last years class.