1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What Is It About Football...

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Stryker44, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Stryker44

Stryker44 Active Member

826 Messages
    46 Likes Received
    that inspires such strong emotion in fans like us each week? I've wondered the answer to this question. I know when my team wins, the work week seems so much easier (particularly Monday).

I'm a pretty reserved person by nature, but when the Skins forced OT against the Ravens and then won, I was hugging people I didn't even know who were wearing jerseys of the team I love. One dude and his wife were like in their 70s. I didn't care. I get goosebumps just remembering...and I don't think its something I'll soon forget.

Anybody else have that happen to you when you are watching with a large group of people? In the past I've given high fives, but for some reason this season seems a bit different - maybe its because we've been starved as fans for so long.

No other sport envokes this from me as a fan. I'll root for certain teams in other sports, but it doesn't result in immediate joy or dismay whichever way things go.
  2. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,761 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    Because it's once a week. If you put any sport and play it once every Sunday, it'd be as big as football.