1. CowboysZone Upgrade Coming Soon! For more information, click here.

What Is It About Football...

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Stryker44, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Stryker44

Stryker44 Well-Known Member

1,430 Messages
    158 Likes Received
    that inspires such strong emotion in fans like us each week? I've wondered the answer to this question. I know when my team wins, the work week seems so much easier (particularly Monday).

I'm a pretty reserved person by nature, but when the Skins forced OT against the Ravens and then won, I was hugging people I didn't even know who were wearing jerseys of the team I love. One dude and his wife were like in their 70s. I didn't care. I get goosebumps just remembering...and I don't think its something I'll soon forget.

Anybody else have that happen to you when you are watching with a large group of people? In the past I've given high fives, but for some reason this season seems a bit different - maybe its because we've been starved as fans for so long.

No other sport envokes this from me as a fan. I'll root for certain teams in other sports, but it doesn't result in immediate joy or dismay whichever way things go.
  2. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,767 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    Because it's once a week. If you put any sport and play it once every Sunday, it'd be as big as football.