1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Featured What IS working

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by jterrell, Nov 6, 2013.

1. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

40,566 Messages
    5,182 Likes Received
    Don't forget this is now a different league with a cap. You can't build a team like they did now. You can't just pull your boot straps up or will your way to a great team. You'd make a great cheer leader.
  2. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,859 Messages
    399 Likes Received
    Well Jimmy was working with the same constraints as the coach before him, what's his excuse for letting the Cowboys go to the bottom of NFL. I think you were cheering a little bit for the coach that was there before Jimmy, were you not. Before you answer put down the pom poms.
  3. dallasdave

2,859 Messages
    399 Likes Received
    I do think Jimmy Johnson is the greatest coach that ever lived and nothing is going to mind unless I see one in the future, which brings me to my next point. I want to see a coach as good or greater coach the Dallas Cowboys in the future and make the Cowboys a Super Bowl champ for 5 years straight. I want to see greatness again in Dallas.
  4. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Lost in the Woods

4,644 Messages
    209 Likes Received
    Very nice points. Provides a nice perspective.
  5. jobberone

40,566 Messages
    5,182 Likes Received
    If you want to debate me then you'll need to be respectful. Jimmy will never be considered the same as Landry by the vast majority. I appreciate your zeal for ole Jimmy but there just aren't a lot of people in the entire American football world who would say Jimmy is better than Landry.

We've already been over how Landry had to build his team. Don't forget that Jimmy was handed the number one pick which most people would have used on Aikman. So no kudos for Aikman except he didn't screw that up. And Irvin was already on the team so no kudos there. That one belongs to Landry and Schramm. And Jimmy didn't want Emmitt but did have the sense to listen the those around him. So 1/2 a kudo there.
  6. jobberone

40,566 Messages
    5,182 Likes Received
    You can root for him all you want. I'm glad he makes you happy.
  7. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

53,420 Messages
    6,634 Likes Received
    I knew we agreed on something.
  8. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

53,420 Messages
    6,634 Likes Received
    Stopped reading right there.
  9. dallasdave

2,859 Messages
    399 Likes Received
    Hey, you started the cheerleader stuff, so I threw in the pom poms . All in good fun.
  10. dallasdave

2,859 Messages
    399 Likes Received
    You have to remember I liked Tom as a coach and watched him for years, but I loved Jimmy as a coach. When I saw Jimmy coach in college I said we need to get him as the Cowboys coach. Jimmy didn't care what people thought and just wanted to win. When he dressed the Miami Hurricanes up in army clothes and marched them off the plane in Oklahoma it was fantastic. Jimmy was ready to do whatever needed to get his teams fired up and ready to win.
  11. jobberone

40,566 Messages
    5,182 Likes Received
    I like Jimmy a lot and I think he's a fantastic coach. He just is never going to be legendary for the majority.
  12. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye.

15,407 Messages
    2,595 Likes Received
    Landry was much more of an innovator.
  13. jobberone

40,566 Messages
    5,182 Likes Received
    I agree. While I agree Johnson was more of an overt motivator and people tout how much fear they had of Johnson, people need to know how afraid the players were of Landry. I've never heard of him yelling at players although I've been told he could get a little agitated and raise his voice. Apparently they were afraid to fail him. And he had 'the look'. Yeah Landry left his stamp on the NFL.
  14. Rogerthat12

Rogerthat12 DWAREZ

4,094 Messages
    309 Likes Received
    So, essentially a positive post with a perspective from the polar opposite of the constant "whine" perspective, this is great for a corrective to that viewpoint, though self-critical this perspective is not.
  15. jobberone

40,566 Messages
    5,182 Likes Received

Thought this thread could use some humor from a....ahhh....goofy perspective. Neh?
    Rogerthat12 likes this.