1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What makes this team different from previous years

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by DABOYZ, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

27,766 Messages
    3,753 Likes Received
    Our line isn't a horrid mess, and we're not losing games because we're missing Brian Waters. Lol.
  2. DallasCowboysRule!

DallasCowboysRule! Well-Known Member

1,605 Messages
    270 Likes Received
    I believe this team is different because we have the secret sauce to win.
  3. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,657 Messages
    2,660 Likes Received
    We are different this year because we have not wore our Throwbacks yet?

Don't know if we will with the new rule about the helmets not being able to be changed.

So there is a difference...not that it matters much lol.
  4. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,031 Messages
    467 Likes Received
    oh, than i was wrong, after he went down the scoring has been fine?
    visionary likes this.
  5. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

8,602 Messages
    296 Likes Received
    Absolutely NOTHING !!!
  6. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,135 Messages
    1,314 Likes Received
    Why do you guys ask questions you already know the answers too?

No, we're not any different. The only thing going our way is everyone in our division is terrible.
    visionary likes this.
  7. Idgit

27,766 Messages
    3,753 Likes Received
    It hasn't been fine, and it's not because Brian Waters went down.
  8. Iago33

Iago33 Well-Known Member

1,418 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    Then what is the difference?
    visionary likes this.
  9. Idgit

27,766 Messages
    3,753 Likes Received
    Remember, he didn't even start the first three games. And then he juggled time thereafter.

We've had Miles out, and teams are able to roll safety coverage up on Dez, and we haven't made them pay significantly for covering the slot receiver with a LB. We've had our share of drops, penalties, and missed open receivers. Tony hasn't looked particularly sharp, either. I think the real issues have been a mix of problems.

What I haven't seen is a ton of inside pressure that's caused Tony to have to unload the ball too quickly or throw from an odd angle under duress. The running game problems have existed whether Waters has been in the lineup, or not.
  10. car351

car351 Member

88 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    I think our ceiling was 2007. strong O and D-lines. Good to excellent running game, HOF receiver and a QB who teams did not have much tape on who balanced extending plays with his athleticism, accuracy and actually "good" decision making. Once the Giants upset that TEAM in the playoffs. I have not witnessed any 'Boys TEAM that was anywhere near that TEAM's abilities. Just an opinion of course, but all the teams we have fielded since then have not been anywhere near as that group. Age and regression is what I see...I know negative nancy, doom and gloom, but hey, just making the playoffs just doesn't do it. Even if they do surprisingly make the playoffs , I mean, do you really, really believe? Really?
  11. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,717 Messages
    5,249 Likes Received
    Same team. Mediocre in an awful league.
    DABOYZ likes this.
  12. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,031 Messages
    467 Likes Received
    i wish after home games they would sing "mediocrity and it feels so good"
  13. DABOYZ

DABOYZ Active Member

601 Messages
    62 Likes Received
    The way this team constantly under performs can't be placed on one player. It appears that most of the players on this team have learned that it is simply ok to be average. It almost appears to be the mentality in the locker room that leads this team to play so average sometimes. No sense of urgency, lack of hard work and not enough players who have the just get the job done attitude. This entire team is way to comfortable with their jobs. I often wonder what a Michael Irvin or Ray Lewis would do on a team like this. My guess is that they would go to Jerry and ask him to trade them or ask him to fire the coaching staff. I really don't think they would want any part of this team.
    car351 likes this.
  14. Red Dragon

Red Dragon Well-Known Member

3,573 Messages
    366 Likes Received
    What's different than previous years? An even worse defense than the one in 2011 and 2012, I think.
  15. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,210 Messages
    1,956 Likes Received
    A division title at 7-9 or 8-8 is "backing in"..............hate to break the news to you.

You remember everybody laughing at Seattle when they won their division with a 500 record.........................that is going to be us this year...................thats assuming Opie doesnt blow the division.
  16. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,210 Messages
    1,956 Likes Received
    Actually the offense has gone south since the Denver game. We have only scored 12 offensive TDs in the last 5 games and 5 of those 12 TDs were aided by turnovers or returns to give us a short field. Thus, we have only had 7 TD drives that covered more than 60 yards in the last 5 games. This is one of the lowest percentages in the NFL.

Basically we cannot move the ball and score unless we have a short field...................Mickey covered alot of this on Talking Cowboys.
    stasheroo likes this.
  17. Dodger12

Dodger12 Well-Known Member

1,989 Messages
    533 Likes Received
    You obviously don;t understand. We're building our team, one draft at a time and it will take a few years for Garrett to get the team the way he wants it. We need just a few more cornerbacks and a tight end or two and we're right back in the mix.
  18. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,316 Messages
    353 Likes Received
    If you mean when it really matters on 3rd down the Cowboys are failing worse than ever, okay I can agree with you.
  19. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,156 Messages
    2,751 Likes Received
    Gee, you must have missed the 17 DL's we went thru this year so say nothing of the rest of the defensive injuries.
  20. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

25,612 Messages
    1,067 Likes Received
    Oh no...now you got me thinking? I bet when the Cowboys come out in the Throwbacks they will look good.

But, will they play good? I like the helmet rule. Fit it to the player's head all season long...protect that brain. I hope the Cowboys wear their regular helmets, with the Throwbacks. That will look nice!

I love the Cheerleaders...they are so....nice!

I have to look at them twice.