Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by DABOYZ, Nov 19, 2013.
Tipping a few back are we?
Yeah, this isn't news to me, but the issues on offense have very little to do with the quality of RG play on the OL right now.
1. other than heath's showing the last couple of weeks, i think the team overall tackles better.
2. romo's arm strength, confidence and footwork in the pocket have been abysmal. i've seen him throw off his back foot more times this year than all of last season (and it's not all b/c of pressure).
3. pass blocking has been better. thank you frederick.
4. linebackers have been worse. carter is the biggest disappointment on the team. don't be surprised if we draft another one next year.
5. d. harris has taken his game to another level. he's the toughest player on the team imo. love the way he sticks his foot in the ground and hits the hole on returns with no hesitation, no fear... he's a special teams demon on both sides. pro bowl player. happy to see a blue collar player like him succeed.
It's actually not. Backing into the playoffs is when a team can clench with a victory, but does not, and then needs to rely on a team or teams to lose in order to get into the playoffs themselves.
We just have people around here who want to call legitimately outperforming the other teams in your division 'backing in' because it diminishes outright winning your division by having the best record somehow. I'd *love* it if we were to get into the playoffs with a division title at 8-8. I'd actually think it was hilarious. If it were possible to do so, and then to knock off the defending Superbowl contender from our conference the way the Seahawks beat the Saints that year, I'd love it even more. If outsiders think that's funny, let 'em laugh.
Yep, that's what I meant.
A mix of problems. So what you're essentially saying is that it's not an isolated area that needs fixing on offense but pretty much everything. Good, I was starting to worry. LOL.
Not sure why this idea that we're going to win this division by beating our "weak" division rivals continues to float around. I think there is a very good chance that the Raiders come in next Thursday and beat us like a drum (stick). This team has degraded so rapidly and completely on both sides of the ball, we have no right to believe this team should be favored in another game this year.
Sorry for the doom and gloom, not really my thing.
The overall talent has gotten better although you can't see it now with much of the defense out.
I agree the offense is a combination of things. Some of that is the defense. Offensive possessions are down. Much of it is still the lack of a running game, a more porous OL putting more pressure on Romo, lack of a number two, inconsistency of the other WRs, mental aspects, one TE in a two TE offense, play calling and offensive scheme, and more.
Until the team gets it done when it matters there is no difference
I think you've probably got a Saints-hangover, but you may be right. There's always a possibility--and it might be a good one now--that we'll finish well out of contention. I wouldn't discount that and am only discussing playoff scenario hypotheticals here.
Hope you're right. This hangover seems to be lasting significantly longer than any before. I am just completely fed up with this team's play, all the ridiculous stuff coming out of the players, coaches and owner's mouth and the idiotic game management and play calling. I am definitely running out of steam.