1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What player(s) do you not want Dallas to

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by mmillman, Apr 24, 2012.

1. brooksey1

brooksey1 Well-Known Member

1,122 Messages
    218 Likes Received
    Poe, Brockers, Upshaw, Coples
  2. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,701 Messages
    405 Likes Received
    This really should have been made as a poll. If I weren't busy at work, I'd do it.
  3. CopenhagenCowboy

CopenhagenCowboy Active Member

885 Messages
    68 Likes Received
    Don't hate the players but no thanks to Poe and Brockers.
  4. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Active Member

4,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Poe! Anyone but Poe. I don't care if he turns out to be an amazing player.
  5. wittenacious

wittenacious Active Member

2,805 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    DON'T WANT:

- Dontari Poe or Quinton Coples anywhere in the 1st.
    - Vontaze Burfict anywhere in the Draft.
  6. Wulfman

Wulfman Unofficial GM

1,300 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    I don't want Coples or Poe in the first round, and don't want Brockers at #14.

I don't want Bruce Irvin until at least round three. His arrest the night after his pro day shows some very poor decision-making, but I think the right atmosphere and a set regimen could help him get himself straightened out.

I don't want LB Vontaze Burfict, OT Mike Adams, CB Cliff Harris, CB Janoris Jenkins, CB Alfonzo Dennard, or anyone else with significant off-the-field issues in any round.
  7. ceerrece

ceerrece Active Member

271 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    Definitely, Poe... i see some of you dont want Brockers, but i feel that will be our selection at 14.
  8. Cowboy Junkie

Cowboy Junkie leonargized

2,512 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Upshaw,Ingram, Shea McClellin and I am on the fence with Brockers. He looks good on youtube
  9. mmillman

mmillman Active Member

2,139 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    consensus seems to be poe and coples
  10. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,168 Messages
    126 Likes Received
    Brokers and Kirkpatrick
  11. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,798 Messages
    1,600 Likes Received
    Yep, not really hoping for the last three and don't want anything to do with the project Poe.
  12. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

5,716 Messages
    330 Likes Received
    Coples because he is lazy.

Kirkpatrick because he's overrated.

DeCastro because Silatolu will be a better pro and can be had in the second round....maybe.
  13. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,388 Messages
    1,731 Likes Received
    Janoris Jenkins.
  14. 1LoyalCowboyFan

1LoyalCowboyFan Active Member Zone Supporter

583 Messages
    51 Likes Received
    Coples or Poe. I will cry.
  15. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

8,580 Messages
    424 Likes Received
    I can say I'm wary of some of the players who might be available at 14, but I'll give any of them a chance before I cry over the choice.

Guess I prefer an optimistic viewpoint.

With Poe, we would be getting a very big man with great movement skills for his size. He needs work to reach his potential, but his potential is sky-high.

With Brockers, we'd get another big man with potential who was a double-team magnet at LSU.

With Coples, we would be getting a player who showed his dominating ability at the Senior Bowl and might be more motivated to prove people wrong about his attitude than anyone knows.

Now, I'd prefer Cox, DeCastro or Barron at 14 or a trade down into the 20s for someone like Glenn, possibly Konz or Zeitler, but I'm just not going to knock the pick until I try it.
  16. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,210 Messages
    1,956 Likes Received
    Yep, this would be my 3 as well.

Brockers is a run stuffer and couldnt rush the passer worth jack in college, so he magically is going to start racking up sacks in the pros? Dont think so.

Poe did jack in Conference USA, so he was either taking downs off or getting his arse handed to him by scrubs on a weekly basis. Either way, I am avoiding him like he was the Ebola virus.

Couples, like other posters have stated, looked half asleep most of the time. That tells me that he really didnt want to be out there playing or that he was so out of shape that he was fatigued by the end of the first series. Either way, I am taking a pass on him as well.

My 3 favs..........DeCastro, Barron, Cox.
  17. fanfromvirginia

fanfromvirginia Inconceivable!

4,009 Messages
    163 Likes Received
    Upshaw, Ingram, Kirkpatrick and Coples, although I think the chances of us taking any of them are reasonably low.

Brockers is growing on me given what I've read here by SDogo and others whom I trust and I've always been okay with Poe, despite the very real, legitimate concerns everyone has about him.