1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What player would you select in the 1st round??

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by kirkjrk, Dec 29, 2012.

1. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

9,022 Messages
    2,034 Likes Received
    Chance Warmack
  2. dart

dart Benched

811 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Jesse Williams
  3. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    Tyron would benefit from 20lbs. His size has caused some of his problems this year.
  4. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,873 Messages
    1,709 Likes Received
    if we have a shot at a real pass rusher we have to grab him
  5. respectdatstar

respectdatstar Member

685 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Ezekiel Ansah or Jesse Williams.
  6. Hailmary

Hailmary Well-Known Member

2,267 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    I would try to trade out of the first and pick up an extra 2nd and a third.
  7. kirkjrk

kirkjrk Active Member

905 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    With KC, the value would just about equal out. Might even be able to get a 7th also. Our picks would then be:

2. # 33
    2. # 50
    3. # 65
    3. # 82
  8. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,814 Messages
    5,962 Likes Received
    Yes, they said he was 280 at this time of year two years ago. He ended up at 307 at the combine.
  9. Hailmary

Hailmary Well-Known Member

2,267 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    And with those picks we could pick:

33 - Barrett Jones (G/C)
    50 - Jonathan Jenkins (NT)
    65 - Kyle Long (OT)
    82 - Bacarri Rambo/ Robert Lester (S)
  10. OhioCowboy249

OhioCowboy249 New Member

11 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I want any solid olineman that will also stay healthy. I'm tired of all the injuries at all the positions. I know football is a brutal game and injuries are unpredictable, but it's getting above and beyond. If we can select any of these guys when we pick and not one stands above the rest, go for the player with the least amount of wear and tear and smallest amount of injuries. Does this guarantee they will never get injured? No. But we have tended to draft guys with high potential but dropped because of injury history. It's starting to really show up as well. I think we need to change our philosophy on this.
  11. TVMan

TVMan Active Member

798 Messages
    57 Likes Received
    I have read, and I don't have the link, that Cooper was at 320 and lost weight to increase his mobility. I'd take all this with a grain of salt because he is clearly a big enough to put the weight on.
  12. lostar2009

lostar2009 Well-Known Member

1,009 Messages
    193 Likes Received
    im down with thus
  13. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,513 Messages
    682 Likes Received
    Out of those names I like Cooper for us. Garrett is trying to implement offensive lineman that are athletic and can hit moving targets, so Cooper is an ideal fit.

I also think Matt Elam will wind up being a 1st Round pick and prefer him over Vaccaro for our defense. Elam is slightly more versatile and plays with attitude. He can play downhill in the box or over the top as a single high safety, perfect SS for a multiple defense. I think he'll be a guy Rob gravitates towards throughout the draft process, he drafted a similar player who played with reckless abandon named T.J. Ward high in the 2nd Round his last year in Cleveland (although I think Elam has slightly better range and is a better overall athlete).

Luckily for us this draft is deep at the positions we're weak at... Safety and the trenches.
  14. respectdatstar

respectdatstar Member

685 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    This got me thinking. Kyle Van Noy probably projects as a 43 OLB, right? Could he become a safety? He's a 2-3 round pick, I believe. Just a thought.
  15. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,814 Messages
    5,962 Likes Received
    He is 6'2-1/2", 235. That's ideal size for 4-3 LB and big enough for a 3-4 ILB.

You would have to like him at Safety better than the actual Safeties that are available at that pick. That seems doubtful to happen in rounds 2 or 3.
  16. ABQcowboyJR

ABQcowboyJR Well-Known Member

2,941 Messages
    135 Likes Received
    Dion Jordan would be a nice pick for us I dont think he will be there though. Cooper or warmack would be nice picks. I'm beginning to lean towards Vaccaro though. He might be the guy for us.
  17. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,192 Messages
    347 Likes Received
    Starting to lean towards Jake Matthews or Eric Fischer
  18. kirkjrk

kirkjrk Active Member

905 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    I like Eric Fisher also. He and Tyrone could compete for LT and the results would be one at LT the other RT. I would really like to see Smith move back to RT. Hopefully that would gives us two bookend tackles for many years.
  19. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,192 Messages
    347 Likes Received
    Yea, getting Fischer or Matthews in round 1 and if we're lucky Barrett Jones in round 2 would be a coup.
  20. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,273 Messages
    541 Likes Received
    Cooper for me. I'm from NC and Cooper is a stud. Can play G or Center.