1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What positives can we take away from this team going forward?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by rocyaice, Nov 25, 2012.

1. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

7,139 Messages
    1,154 Likes Received
    I try not to make threads since the board is cluttered with redundant threads as it is but I figured let's try something new. We all complain about why this team "sucks" and "why this team will never be good" but how about let's talk about some positives? This season isn't over with by any means and i'm not implying it is but regardless of how this season ends or doesn't, what positives can we take from this team and what can we build from it in the offseason? Here's some of mine:

1. This team never gives up. I hate moral victories. I hate the term itself. But if you can take one thing away from this team this season is that they never give up. That has to account for something right? Would you credit it to "heart"? I would.

2. Linebacking corp. I see threads saying how we may have the best linebacking corp in the league. Watching the 9ers today? Not willing to say that yet but i'd rank us under them. If we can just get healthy which is a BIG IF. But you have to love this part of our team going into next season.

3. Progression of young receivers. Not willing to say that it isn't a need because I still do think we need to upgrade this part of our team and while its a small sample you have to love what you see from Beasley and Harris. But more importantly, you have to LOVE to see Dez Bryant starting to get chemistry with Romo.

Can't think of anything else off the top so you guys help me out here lol.
  2. Numbers921

Numbers921 Benched

817 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  3. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    Im going to go ahead and say that these guys were making their post game plans at half time of the Seattle and Chicago games. They got hit into oblivion and just werent feeling any sort of effort in the second half.
  4. Yuma Cactus

Yuma Cactus Active Member

707 Messages
    67 Likes Received
    We won't have to endure another playoff loss......
  5. Double Trouble

Double Trouble Well-Known Member

8,475 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    None whatsoever. The only move that could turn the organization around is totally off the table.

No signing, no draft pick, no coaching hire can overcome that.
  6. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,762 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    High draft pick, we got humiliated a few times so that should spark some change, OTree will be gone next year, Lee and Carter healthy will be tanks.
  7. rocyaice

7,139 Messages
    1,154 Likes Received
    So should I just not only concede this season but next season as well? I was hoping to get more reasonable fans to enter this thread but in return I got the doom and gloomers which I get it. Its frustrating I know. I guess I played myself thinking i'd get serious posts in here. lol
  8. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

39,907 Messages
    1,985 Likes Received
    Our hurry up offense is unstoppable. It should be our base offense.
  9. rocyaice

7,139 Messages
    1,154 Likes Received
    As long as it takes for us to get the plays to our players our hurry up isn't really a hurry up but it does have some success and I agree. But we don't go into hurry up until we are down 23 it seems.
  10. MoClaiborne24

MoClaiborne24 Member

456 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Tired of this BS and mediocrity for the past 17 years. 17 years.... Let that sink in, that is RIDICULOUS. Almost 2 decades of this crap.

One positive I see is that Dez is playing better, but that doesn't help us much.
  11. Double Trouble

Double Trouble Well-Known Member

8,475 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    If you want to lie to yourself, have at it.
  12. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,447 Messages
    1,052 Likes Received
    If JG's back next season, then yes, more crappy football.

But to answer your question....I like the LB's, but Lee has been injured every year. Carter looks like a beast. IMO Mo hasn't done anything great, but I don't get nervous with him over there either. The Oline has NO hope. I'm excited about Harris. I'm excited for Romo to finally get for the second time in his career..... coaching. :pray:
  13. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,503 Messages
    6,058 Likes Received
    alright i'll play along.

1.eberflus has done a great job with the linebackers. i think they've been a solid group all year long.

2. i haven't had to question the effort of the team as much as i've done in the past.

3. i think tyrone crawford has some "dawg" in him. i've seen him get a little chippy with players this year. i think this team needs more of that. i saw him and wilbur in a bar last night, they both need to become best friends with woicik in the offseason. i've seen players on UT's campus bigger than them.

4. livings hasn't been as bad as i expected.

5. dez is a superstar in the making. just needs more refining.
  14. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,762 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    I see this as a negative yeah the offense functions so well at no huddle pace so WHY aren't we using it more and WHY is JG handcuffing Romo?
  15. percyhoward

percyhoward Research Tool

8,733 Messages
    2,916 Likes Received
    You mean "team going backward."
  16. Lonestar94

Lonestar94 Well-Known Member

3,523 Messages
    724 Likes Received
    Barry Church..Bruce Carter..Anthony Spencer..Jay Ratliff..Brian Moorman..Dwayne Harris..Dez Bryant..Probably could name some more players that have improved alot this year..
  17. Numbers921

Numbers921 Benched

817 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Jay Ratliff improved this season? :lmao:
  18. rocyaice

7,139 Messages
    1,154 Likes Received
    I personally believe he was better this year than last year. A lot more disruptive.

Thanks for playing Zordon lol. But I agree with all points except Crawford. I rarely see him on the field. Not saying that he doesn't get snaps I just don't see him. Livings is a good name. I think personally he's been our most consistent linemen which says NOTHING but he's been decent.
  19. Lazyking

Lazyking Active Member

789 Messages
    103 Likes Received
    If all healthly, Lee and Carter will be studs for us hopefully for 10 years.

Claiborne while a rookie is doing well.. I still expect big things from him.. That expectation is tempered by the way the NFL is played now though.

Special teams has gotten better.

Romo's contract will be in it's last year hopefully (I'm not a romo hater but last thing this team needs is to extend Romo)
  20. rocyaice

7,139 Messages
    1,154 Likes Received
    What do you think we should do at quarterback? Go with Orton or sign Alex Smith? Romo is the best quarterback that would be available and it would be by a LONG SHOT.