1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What RB should the team Draft in 2013?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by kirkjrk, Nov 21, 2012.

1. kirkjrk

kirkjrk Active Member

905 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    As in College, Murray is very injury prone and is lost for big chunks of each season. This is not acceptable and the team must consider drafting a #1 back. Who would be your choice?

3rd or 4th round-- Stefan Taylor--a 3 down back
  2. respectdatstar

respectdatstar Member

685 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    We could just trade Herschel Walker to the Vikings for a boat-load of picks. They might even throw in Percy Harvin and Adrian Peterson this time. :)
  3. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

12,311 Messages
    4,846 Likes Received
    Some mid-round guys that I've seen play and appear to have talent:

Kenjon Barner
    Silas Redd
    Dennis Johnson
    Christine Michael
    Knile Davis
  4. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,028 Messages
    629 Likes Received
    Cierre Wood, Dennis Johnson, or Christine Michael in the 5th or 6th.
  5. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,454 Messages
    611 Likes Received
    Johnathan Franklin is a good one, and Rex Burkhead is underrated. 2 guys that look like 3 down players.
  6. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,808 Messages
    772 Likes Received
    I like Lacy.

But with Murray as our starter, we need a speed guy. The offense desperately needs speed and versatility

I'll have to do some research.
  7. dart

dart Benched

811 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    A 4.41 is not fast enuf for you

we need a big back

we already have Dunbar
  8. jcollins28

jcollins28 Active Member

1,508 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Johnathan Franklin is a Frank Gore clone. Would love to have him as a Cowboy!
  9. Hailmary

Hailmary Well-Known Member

2,265 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Dri Archer. Look him up.

He's terribly undersized, but still productive. He probably wouldn't get many touches for a while, but he'd greatly improve our return game. He can catch passes out of the back field too and maybe play some at the slot.

He wouldn't fill the typical RB role, but still could help us a lot with his speed. He may need a year to bulk up though....

I see him as a 5th or 6th rounder due to his lack of size.
  10. RamziD

RamziD Well-Known Member

1,895 Messages
    100 Likes Received
    I agree...we need another big back. Someone who can split carries on an almost even level with Murray. I think we can find another guy like that in the 3rd or 4th round. Montee Ball is another name to throw out.
  11. respectdatstar

respectdatstar Member

685 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I agree with this thought. We do need a big back. Maybe Peyton Hillis will be available. Then, we'd have 2 Madden cover boys on the roster. Can't lose with that, right?
  12. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,303 Messages
    294 Likes Received
    knile Davis is who it will be. In the 3rd round with first round talent until a knee injury, sound familiar.
  13. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,032 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    Montee Ball. Don't let the "mileage" fool you. He is going to be a star in the NFL, and just might be available early in round 3. If the Cowboys are picking late in round 2 and the OL has already been addressed with the 1st round pick, I would not pass him up.
  14. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

4,530 Messages
    1,136 Likes Received
    What about the kid from Florida? Mike Gilesliee?? I think that's how you spell his name
  15. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,147 Messages
    228 Likes Received
    5th round at the earliest IMO
  16. dart

dart Benched

811 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Le'Veon Bell Mich State

Class: Junior 2V Height: 6-2 Weight: 244

Le'Veon Bell will consider leaving Michigan State for NFL after trying to finish season 'off right'

Le'Veon Bell smirked, not as if he knew the answer, but the question certainly didn't catch him off guard.

Bell sits atop the conference with 1,249 rushing yards with a league-high 283 carries through 10 games. He's topped 200 yards twice this season and has done his work behind an offensive line that's been hampered by injuries.
    Listed at 6-foot-2 and 237 pounds, Bell may not possess the breakaway speed of some NFL backs, but he has other intangibles scouts crave: vision, good hands and the ability to pick up blitzes and protect his quarterback

CBSSports.com currently projects Bell as a fourth-round selection, and the 12th best running back potentially available
  17. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,645 Messages
    400 Likes Received
    could of got a 4th or so from felix jones. Isn't like he is tearing it up in the backfield. Should have just cut bait with him.
  18. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,645 Messages
    400 Likes Received
    we need to find a durable strong back that can also get the tough yards like the skins did.
  19. Questfor6

Questfor6 Well-Known Member

1,313 Messages
    282 Likes Received
    Ray Graham might be a steal in the 3rd or 4th. I despise Pitt but this kid can flat out play ball.
  20. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,808 Messages
    772 Likes Received
    Good call! I'd like Graham for sure