1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What round = Johnny Knox?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Silverstar, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Silverstar

Silverstar Active Member

3,969 Messages
    24 Likes Received
  2. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    pretty fair, but what does he do with a good cornerback on top of him and jamming him at the line, thats the key
  3. SLATEmosphere

SLATEmosphere Benched

9,633 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I like him alot..I'd take him with the first overall in the 7th round
  4. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The knock on Knox (bad pun, eh??) is that he put up big numbers in a spread offense, at a low level of competition... going into the combine, you're right, he looked like a player who would go undrafted...

Now, though, figure him to go in the 5th or 6th round range... especially when players are griping that the track at Lucas Oil Stadium was a pretty slow one, and Knox put up that 4.34 anyway...

You can't teach speed...
  5. dallasfaniac

dallasfaniac Active Member

4,196 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It's hard to say where he'll be drafted. His speed helps, but he may need some work on his route running. For instance, on the comeback against Chris Owens, he needed to roll his shoulder to the inside so he didn't sell the route as well as work on his planting when breaking the route. Owens recognized where the ball was going before the QB threw it and in the NFL he defends or intercepts. It's one thing if he is selling a hitch and go, it's another to completely sell out a comeback.
  6. neosapien23

neosapien23 Well-Known Member

2,777 Messages
    61 Likes Received
    If the Cowboys were dumb enough to try and convert a QB into a reciever with a 4th round pick, I see no reason why Knox will not be drafted in the 4th.