1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What The Playoffs Have Become For LongTime Cowboys Fans...

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WPBCowboysFan, Jan 6, 2013.

1. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,778 Messages
    1,978 Likes Received
    Growing up in the 70's and watching the Cowboys it was the playoffs every year. It was a given. 4 Super Bowls for me - won 2 lost 2. I was too young for the SB loss to the Colts.

The playoffs was the norm - it was just part of our season every year. 3 NFC Title games with Danny White.

It was so normal that anything short of the SB felt like a failed season.

Then we had the dry spell before the 90's run.

Now . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . its come down to rooting against the teams I hate so AT LEAST they dont have success to give their fans any joy. This is what being a fan of the Boys is.

Just Pitiful!

Now I would be happy just to get a sniff of the playoffs.
  2. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,028 Messages
    9,143 Likes Received
    The playoffs usually come down to me strategically rooting for teams that are farther away from the Cowboys' 5 rings than their opponents.

Like I would love to see the Falcons win it all this year. Not that I care one way or another about them but they are ringless. No immediate threat to catch us.
  3. lwehlers

lwehlers Well-Known Member

1,143 Messages
    89 Likes Received
    just kind of a empty feeling for me. i just the watch the games never really rooting against any teams except the division teams. last year sucked because of the giants and how close the cowboys came to winning the division last year. now this year will probaly have to see the skins win a playoff game and make watching the playoffs have that much more of a empty feeling.
  4. yimyammer

yimyammer Well-Known Member

4,875 Messages
    288 Likes Received
    sums up my rooting interest, although I like Ray Lewis and the Ravens and wouldn''t mind seeing them win it all
  5. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,284 Messages
    7,040 Likes Received
    I try not to worry so much about what other teams do. I don't like it when the Steelers or Niners win, and I root against the NFCE like any good red-blooded Cowboy fan should. Mostly, I just have less interest in the NFL and my focus shifts to how the Cowboys might get better next season.
  6. Fmart322

Fmart322 Well-Known Member

1,013 Messages
    149 Likes Received
    Back then only 4 teams went. No bye week.
  7. HowAboutThemCowboys

HowAboutThemCowboys Well-Known Member

3,086 Messages
    655 Likes Received
    It's even worse this year, I just want to puke seeing the Redskins playing right now.
  8. koolaid

koolaid Drink Me

1,766 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    rootin for the hawks, love russell wilson
  9. TheXFactor

TheXFactor Well-Known Member

672 Messages
    279 Likes Received
    Was rooting for the Colts because I like Luck,but that didn't last very long
  10. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    We've narrowly missed the playoffs two years in a row, mostly because we haven't upgraded from Ronald McDonald. Some fans want to ignore what a failure he's been. Others, like myself, see it for what it is.
  11. cajuncocoa

cajuncocoa Bleeding silver and blue Zone Supporter

2,449 Messages
    369 Likes Received
    That just solidifies the argument of how good we were back in the day.
  12. cajuncocoa

cajuncocoa Bleeding silver and blue Zone Supporter

2,449 Messages
    369 Likes Received
    I was too, because their coach was definitely the feel good story of the year.
  13. Fmart322

Fmart322 Well-Known Member

1,013 Messages
    149 Likes Received
    I know. Sadly I'm old enough to have seen how irrelevant we've become. On the flip side, I'm old enough to know how relevant we were.
    Someday we'll be back I guess.
  14. dallasfan4lizife

dallasfan4lizife Well-Known Member

2,720 Messages
    322 Likes Received
    I'm pretty sure you were all aboard the garrett band wagon before the season....just like every other poster on this forum :lmao:
  15. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

20,210 Messages
    1,023 Likes Received
    Who is Ronald McDonald? :confused:
  16. slomoxn

slomoxn Well-Known Member

1,686 Messages
    305 Likes Received

Funny, I was thinking this exact same thing not too long ago this morning, those of us that have been around for the glory days are going from being bitter rivals of other teams to just bitter... SMH! Jerry is leaving a legacy, but I don't think it's what he envisioned.
  17. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,778 Messages
    1,978 Likes Received
    Red man