1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: What they're saying about Monte Kiffin

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Kilyin, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,041 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    The Cowboys made it official when they announced Monte Kiffin would become the new defensive coordinator. Here's what people are saying about the new defensive coordinator.

Former Tampa Bay linebacker Derrick Brooks to ESPNDallas: "If he didn't feel he could get it done with Dallas, and some of the personnel, he wouldn't have taken the job. However, I do know with their current roster, just looking at the size of players and the style of play that we played in, there's going to have to be some changes in terms of who they bring in to do what and a different mindset. Monte in the past he's not been what I would call an aggressive coordinator in terms of his play calling. He believes in discipline football, simplifying it, everybody knowing what you've been doing. Very similar to what Chicago is doing now."

Kiffin in a statement released through the team: "I came away from the interview process with Jason with a feeling that Dallas is the right place to be. He has this team headed in the right direction. They’re close, and I am confident that there are quality pieces in place for us to be able to get the job done."

Jason Garrett in a statement released through the team: "I know Monte from spending time together with him with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and had a chance to see him coach up close on a day-to-day basis....." cont'd

Full Article: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4704705/what-theyre-saying-about-monte-kiffin
  2. 187beatdown

187beatdown Lack of Big Plays

4,053 Messages
    658 Likes Received
    This is what I like to hear.