1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What to do with #3 pick?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Zone' started by DOUBLE WING, Aug 26, 2011.

1. DOUBLE WING

DOUBLE WING Well-Known Member

3,296 Messages
    925 Likes Received
    I've got the #3 pick in my draft tonight..I'm assuming Foster and Peterson go first...what are your thoughts on #3? CJ Would be obvious but I'm afraid of his holdout and work load..would it be insane to take Ray Rice over him?
  2. rkell87

rkell87 Well-Known Member

7,361 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    not at all, rice is an awesome back with balance and power, and now he has vonta blocking for him(the guy that helped guys like steve slaton have a good year a few years ago) and the ravens line is better than the texans and look what foster did last year. i am predicting a huge year for rice
  3. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,406 Messages
    248 Likes Received
    I would take Rice at #3 assuming Peterson and Foster are gone. They lost McGahee and they added the best blocking FB in football in Leech. Yes they added Ricky Williams but I think they are going to finally feature Rice.
  4. rkell87

7,361 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    i believe harbaugh told the media that the onus was on rice to rest and tag in williams
  5. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,632 Messages
    2,459 Likes Received
    I'd go with either Charles or Rice and be very happy about it.
  6. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,406 Messages
    248 Likes Received
    We just drew for positions and looks like I am third as well. It is a ppr league but I think I am still going to take Rice. He started out really slow last season, I dont think that is going to be the case this year. At least I hope not.
  7. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,917 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    If its PPR Ray Rice, if not i'd probably go Jamaal Charles because of upside.
  8. bmzt31

bmzt31 Member

251 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    I would go with Rice
  9. Wimbo

Wimbo Active Member

4,133 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    well, who did you take? How about your 2nd and 3rd picks as well?
  10. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,406 Messages
    248 Likes Received
    Here is how my draft ended up going with the 3rd pick 10 team - PPR- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, Flex RB/WR/TE, TE

Romo. Stafford
    Ray Rice, Felix Jones, Tim Hightower, Green-Ellis, Roy Helu, Javon Ringer
    Calvin Johnson, Miles Austin, Ochocinco, Lee Evans, Santana Moss, Julio Jones
    Mercedes Lewis
    Mason Crosby
    New England
  11. rkell87

7,361 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    i would drop green ellis right now and pick up somebody with up side, or get woodhead.

vareen,ridley,green ellis,woodhead- you wont know who is getting the ball from week to week
  12. Bonecrusher#31

Bonecrusher#31 Active Member

1,818 Messages
    10 Likes Received

You had a pretty good draft for someone asking for advice...
  13. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,581 Messages
    2,963 Likes Received
    I wouldn't have taken two quarterbacks.

You can pick up a bye week QB the week of. Should have spent that roster spot on an extra WR or RB until Week 5. Then add a bye week QB and drop one of the lesser RBs/WRs, and then drop the QB after that week and add someone else.
  14. rkell87

7,361 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    he isnt the OP
  15. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,632 Messages
    2,459 Likes Received
    There are some BJGE fans out there, so I bet he could include him in a trade. Some people love the guy, and some sites still lable hima RB2 or RB3. I'm ind of with you though--NE more unpredictable than ever now.

As for your QBs, it depends on how late you took Stafford on whether is was a burned pick. This guy has GIANT upside. If he starts out hot you could get some great value for him vs some waiver wire fodder. I would actually hold him through week 5...jmho. I guess if someone drops a great player, you may consider it, but Stafford has a lot of value imo.
  16. funkytown

funkytown Well-Known Member

1,023 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    Good draft from the 3 spot.

If the Cowboys offense goes off this year, you will be set.
  17. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,953 Messages
    1,392 Likes Received
    Real solid draft from the #3 spot. That's not bad at all.
  18. dargonking999

dargonking999 DKRandom

11,807 Messages
    172 Likes Received
    IF I had the number 3 pick i would go with Andre Johnson. Dude is a beast. Almost always is a bet for 100 catches and 1000 yards for a full season.