1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What was Parcells yelling at Payton?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by kmd24, Aug 22, 2005.

1. kmd24

kmd24 Active Member

3,436 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    After Romo failed to convert a third down pass to Marion Barber, MNF showed Parcells yelling at Sean Payton. I couldn't quite make it out, but it seemed like he was saying something like "That's enough. Don't ever do it again." Then something about seven-two or seventy two.

Seems like Payton has a history of dubious play calling...

Anybody read lips better than me?
  2. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,343 Messages
    364 Likes Received
    I think Bill was concerned about field position and making plays offensively because it was a crucial part of the game.
  3. Jimz31

Jimz31 The Sarcastic One

14,232 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    Yeah, Ii think it was about going for the TD instead of working it down.
  4. Waffle

Waffle Not Just For Breakfast Anymore

3,379 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Maybe you can explain why BP had Henson kneeling down with nearly a minute left in the first half? :confused:
  5. VirusX

VirusX Active Member

1,391 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    That was stupid IMO he should have taken a shot and worked on his 2 minute offense we all know he could have used the reps.
  6. Jimz31

Jimz31 The Sarcastic One

14,232 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    Well...maybe...just maybe....he already knows what Henson can do. Was it a hint? I don't know.
  7. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,711 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    Because BP is a carrot and stick type of teacher/coach/. Henson made a couple of small mistakes and one big one, Thus he hasn't "earned" the chance to control a close game (even if it is pre-season). BP does not let the QB take the game from under his control unless he has complete confidence in the player. He does not have the comfort level yet with Drew H. True Cowboy fans as a whole are the most impatient group of people I have ever been friends with. Trust BP when he says Drew H. is not ready. I say trade Tony (a 3rd stringer for life in my opinion) for a 5th or 6th and bring in anyone that has managed a real NFL game and had some success.