What was your favorite job?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by negativecreep, Feb 26, 2017.

1. negativecreep

negativecreep Well-Known Member

1,114 Messages
    755 Likes Received
    It sounds to me like we would get along just fine :) I was a shift lead at Taco Bell, unfortunately we were open 24 hours, just glad I missed most of the breakfast stuff(I once mistook a bag of nacho cheese for eggs), and that New fried chicken taco shell looks like a nightmare.

2. negativecreep

1,114 Messages
    755 Likes Received
    I can imagine! I have to admit along with my umm male birth control, I'd be fishing or crabbing, I just would not be able to help myself, I can see myself right now yelling at these poor people, "hey! watch that line kiddo!" I wouldn't have lasted long...

3. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

8,290 Messages
    5,779 Likes Received
    Programmer at a startup. Work any hours I want. Work from home whenever I want. Unlimited paid vacation. Everyone at my office has a similar personality (only 6 of us) and goes out drinking together. Only problem is none of us root for the same team. We have a Cowboys fan (me), Steelers fan, Bears fan, Redskins fan, Texans fan and Seahawks fan.

4. Duane

Duane Well-Known Member

6,960 Messages
    126 Likes Received
    In the 80s, while I was still in high school, I was a sheet metal helper in my grandfather's shop. Being able to work beside my dad, uncle, and grandfather in the summer and on Saturdays was probably the best time of my life.

I got to know my family better than I would have any other way. It also taught me how to be humble and work hard. I also learned that taking more time to do something right is better than rushing and doing something half baked.

5. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

37,515 Messages
    5,470 Likes Received
    Building high availability Internet Infrastructure.

6. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member

34,625 Messages
    13,576 Likes Received
    :laugh:

Lots of eye candy at times.

It was a hard job to get, for sure. Hundreds of applicants from all over North America for just a few slots. National Park Service ocean lifeguards in a part of the Atlantic where the surf can get pretty huge. Besides the normal certifications, they required a timed 3 mile beach run followed by a mile long ocean swim. Pretty hard core.

Mostly, because the ocean is much calmer in summer, it was pretty sweet.

The barrier island is over 70 miles long with just a few protected swim areas....so there were drownings when it got big.
    An NC State football player drowned a few miles down the beach....sad stuff. Nobody drowned intne protected areas though.

Now...back to the girls before we get depressed.
    :dance:

7. negativecreep

1,114 Messages
    755 Likes Received
    Love to talk about the ladies, i used to be 264 lbs. incredibly depressed after my high school sweetheart broke up with me over the phone after 3 years for a nazi wannabe with a nasty heroin habit(he actually tried to smother her with a pillow while she was pregnant with twins, hit her a lot), I saw him at a pool hall not a week ago, and my best friend had to calm me down, sucks but I still love her. I have since lost 80 lbs and she's on her third husband, guess who's getting the attention now. It's nice to be back in the swing of things and have my confidence back:) dating a really sweet Russian girl now. She's my world.

8. negativecreep

1,114 Messages
    755 Likes Received
    Wow, sorry you guys for getting of topic...my bad.

9. haleyrules

haleyrules Well-Known Member

6,592 Messages
    17,484 Likes Received
    I never had a favorite job...but l did apply once for the Whisky Taster for Quality Control at the Bushmills distillery. Never heard back !!:).

10. Jammer

Jammer Retired Air Force Guy Zone Supporter

4,117 Messages
    936 Likes Received
    You know, when I was in the Air Force I did pizza delivery for 5 years and I LOVED doing it. I did 20,000 deliveries during that time. When I retired from the Air Force I "retired" from the pizza delivery biz. People asked me how as a Senior NCO why I was doing a job like that. I told them the extra money was good, but it was fun. I even had a couple of guys in my shop join with me and worked Air Force during the day, and pizza delivery at night.

Good times, but toward the end I was starting to get burned out on it. I started working with too many snakes. Took some of the fun out of it.

11. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member

34,625 Messages
    13,576 Likes Received
    :omg:

12. JoeyBoy718

8,290 Messages
    5,779 Likes Received
    You really know how to liven up the mood.

13. negativecreep

1,114 Messages
    755 Likes Received
    I thought losing 80lbs and being happy was a cool end to my story, leave it to me to screw it up. Sorry if I brought you guys down. Just told the truth and started rambling. I'm being sincere when I say that I apologize.

14. JoeyBoy718

8,290 Messages
    5,779 Likes Received
    I'm teasing you.

15. negativecreep

1,114 Messages
    755 Likes Received
    Ok, my apologies man, been kind of out of it lately. my bad. Take care.

16. Melonfeud

Melonfeud Well-Known Member

976 Messages
    527 Likes Received
    :lmao::lmao:l:lmao2::lmao::lmao:

17. haleyrules

haleyrules Well-Known Member

6,592 Messages
    17,484 Likes Received
    It was a cool ending. The best is ahead of you.

18. negativecreep

1,114 Messages
    755 Likes Received
    Thanks bro, I don't want to be annoying or anything, made me feel better. Take care man, much love to you and everyone else on this board.

19. darthseinfeld

darthseinfeld Today's Winner Of The Internet Zone Supporter

8,558 Messages
    6,087 Likes Received
    My current which is a QA Auditor at Coopervision. Probably one of the reasons I like it the most is that financially I dont need it. That takes alot of the stress away from a job that I have really come to enjoy. Lots of issues big and small pop up, and no day is like another

20. GhostOfPelleur

GhostOfPelleur Well-Known Member

892 Messages
    928 Likes Received
    In college I worked special events for the basketball arena. We did the sound for basketball games and worked with the roadies to set up and take down stage/lighting/sound/set for the bands that played there. Saw some good concerts and got paid to do it. Metallica, Steve Miller Band, Prince and RHCP were some of the better ones I worked. The best part was after we'd load out the band it was usually 2-3 am and we'd party in the bowels of the arena until 5-6. We'd have drunken golf cart races in the concourse and play big games of home run derby with balls made of used gaff tape from the arena floor. We just had to be gone before the morning custodial crew showed up at 630. That was a blast.