1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What were Aikman, Buck and Pereria talking about on the Dez TD?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by links18, Nov 11, 2012.

1. marchetta

marchetta Well-Known Member

3,076 Messages
    144 Likes Received
    If it took you a "million" views to determine whether it's a TD or not, there's clearly not indisputable evidence to confirm or deny the on-field call. Play stands as called on the field. TD!
  2. Venger

Venger Well-Known Member

2,480 Messages
    409 Likes Received
    Yeah, that guys an !#%&^, what did he ever do for us?
  3. zeroburrito

zeroburrito Active Member

4,073 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    ball between forearm and bicep against the chest is normally called possession.

is a running back in a constant fumble?

you did not see the ball move. you saw his body move.

look at his hand when the ball "rolls". his hand(thus his entire arm) is also rolling at the same time. if his forearm is rolling at the same time as the ball, the ball really isn't rolling now is it?

more proof.

the weight of his body and the kid behind him is rolling over his arm. his grip is so tight the laces never even budge.

use your eyes!
  4. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

5,548 Messages
    729 Likes Received
    The penalty would still stand if the play had been reversed.
  5. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received

Exactly. You can't make a final decision on whether or not to take the penalty until you know the results of the play.
  6. aikemirv

aikemirv Well-Known Member

7,093 Messages
    56 Likes Received
    He did not have the ball between his forearm and bicep in that still picture with the ball touching the grass!!!!
  7. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,406 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    The ball definitely moved. The whole "illusion" folks...need to stop taking hallucinogens.

How did that guy pull a half dollar from your ear??? ...you weren't paying close enough attention. Dez had body roll, but the ball was already moving. He re-captured the ball and it was moving, all players use the laces to stop the ball.
  8. zeroburrito

4,073 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    just look at his hand and the laces. there is nothing more to say.

the laces never touched his hands/arm to be stopped. you didn't even watch the video.
  9. blindzebra

blindzebra Well-Known Member

9,511 Messages
    796 Likes Received
    Won't do any good.

The laces stayed in the same place. The ball would have had to spin like a top for that to happen if he lost control.

The opposite endzone view clearly shows his right arm had control the whole time.
  10. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,405 Messages
    2,246 Likes Received
    The laces rolled from the top near his chest as the ball rolled over his arm and to the turf. Because the ball was free, he rolled it back slightly which brought the laces back from the turf.

That is absolutely clear.
  11. AmishCowboy

AmishCowboy if you ain't first, you're last

4,382 Messages
    66 Likes Received
    I agree
  12. blindzebra

blindzebra Well-Known Member

9,511 Messages
    796 Likes Received
    LOL.

He moved it with what?

The laces were showing with a little bit of football when he hit the ground, he rolls and the laces are showing with the same amount of football showing.

That was the most accurate roll back in the history of the world.:lmao2:
  13. zeroburrito

4,073 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    wrong. look at his hands.

you can do this experiment in your own home. put something in your forearm that has something you can pretend are the laces(a football works best) then rotate your hand/forearm like he did while against the ground. whatever you used as the laces are all of the sudden hidden from sight, but you didn't lose possession.

what a great science experiment! everyone in here gained 80 iq points and are now at average levels.
  14. SkinsandTerps

7,406 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    You might be right, also you might need glasses. Perhaps he just stopped the ball on the leather...that's the part you might be right about. His body helped control where the ball was, but it was on the ground rolling.

The ball was out of control and he pulled that left hand in to stop the roll.

It's not a catch.

But I certainly watched the video, in fact, I watched the game already again this morning. That part, you are wrong about.

I go back to the point, right or wrong it counted and you guys should be celebrating not berating each other.
  15. zeroburrito

4,073 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    now you're just seeing what you want to see. by the time his other hand touches the ball the laces are already in plain sight(11:43). this is the easiest one to debunk. this one is so obvious it actually hurts me a little. i urge you to watch it again to relieve my pain.

the superhuman re-spin with the same arm and the total 360 spin have more grounds than this one.
  16. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

10,110 Messages
    1,663 Likes Received
    This is the only rational approach. But the assumption we score anyways is a little questionable.
  17. Fritsch_the_cat

Fritsch_the_cat Well-Known Member

961 Messages
    557 Likes Received
    I think the fact this thread has made 15 pages shows there wasn't enough evidence to overturn the call on the field.

For my two cents, Dez's arm was under the ball so hard to say either way really.
  18. SkinsandTerps

7,406 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    What did I want to see ? I don't hate Dez, And I didn't care which team won, I think this division has a ways to go and any team could be out with a major injury...the Redskins are likely out. But I also don't see a SB winner in this division. So no bias or snarky point to make here from me.

The ball rolls on the turf. Anyone that sees his arm underneath throughout the attempted catch is not being honest. The exaggeration of the spin is silly. It just happened. It was not magic, just the way (no pun intended)...the ball rolls sometimes.
  19. fatboygixxer

fatboygixxer Active Member

245 Messages
    71 Likes Received
    Its one of those calls where whatever was called on the field stands..if it had been ruled incomplete it wouldn't have been overturned..my guess is because his forearm is under the ball there's no DEFINITIVE evidence it hit the ground..
  20. zeroburrito

4,073 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    you said it rolled and his other hand stopped the roll. how is that possible if by the time his other hand touches the ball the laces are in the same spot as where he caught it? the only way that is possible is if the ball did an entire 360 spin. you are basing the no catch on a 360 spin in a millisecond which there is no evidence of. do you see what you're typing? do you see the words than are being posted in front of your eyes?

you're right, that is an exaggerated spin. it's also silly.