1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What were Aikman, Buck and Pereria talking about on the Dez TD?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by links18, Nov 11, 2012.

1. the_h0wey

the_h0wey Well-Known Member

1,086 Messages
    117 Likes Received
    I thought they were going to overturn that play. That is not a call we normally get...
  2. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

16,613 Messages
    2,499 Likes Received
    I can see where his upper body is moved forward and down as well. If his upper body is tucked then that will tuck the laces too. You need to show a motion shot to make a compelling case.
  3. zeroburrito

zeroburrito Active Member

4,076 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    the frame right after the second one happens to show the laces the same as the first frame. why did he not include that?

the main difference are the hands are in completely different positions. those 2 frames alone are not comparable. you need to watch it in motion as you said.
  4. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Well-Known Member

6,105 Messages
    319 Likes Received
    I think Dez made the catch, but even if he didn't, there was zero conclusive evidence to overturn the call made on the field. The officials got it right this time just like they did when it hurt us in the Giant's game.
  5. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received

Am I missing something here? The laces would be moving towards the ground, not back up to his body, no? I don't know where theogt came up with 180 degrees, though.
  6. zeroburrito

zeroburrito Active Member

4,076 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    you're missing something, the third frame. there are no laces aiming up at his body. they are in the same position relative to his arm from the first shot. he conveniently left out the frame right after that shows the ball never moved.

stills are horrible anyways. the video is much more clear. you can actually see the arm(not the ball) being rolled in action.
  7. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

10,237 Messages
    1,717 Likes Received
    I think its pretty conclusive that it was inconclusive, Sadly, we can't even agree on that. :(
  8. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

14,520 Messages
    1,728 Likes Received
    Why does Dez have such controversial touchdowns? Everything he does is so acrobatic and spectacular.:D
  9. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,102 Messages
    1,327 Likes Received
    There was a gif, but the link is down. It's very obvious from the gif.
  10. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,102 Messages
    1,327 Likes Received
    Did the ball move? There is conclusive evidence that it did.

Did the ball move while touch the ground? There is conclusive evidence that it did.

Not a completion.
  11. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Well-Known Member

6,105 Messages
    319 Likes Received
    I guess the reviewing officials disagree with you, and they're the ones that matter.
  12. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

10,237 Messages
    1,717 Likes Received
    So are the reviewing officials stupid, lazy, on the take? Or could it just be that reasonable minds could differ?
  13. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    From the pic you posted earlier, I don't understand how it's even arguable. You can see the bottom of the ball on the ground. Unless the football is deformed around Dez's arm, which we know it isn't, how can his arm be under the ball?

Oh well. It's about time we got a favorable call or two. And I still think we score anyway with the PI on the two or three.
  14. cowboys2233

cowboys2233 Well-Known Member

4,419 Messages
    782 Likes Received
    Yup, I was already preparing myself to watch the team run a couple of fullback sneaks for no gain from the 1.
  15. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,408 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    Yes a 360 spin. Perhaps you didn't watch the game or the slow motion video replays. It's a spin on the ground, sure his hand was likely touching the ball, but the ball spun on the turf with his body and right hand stopping it from being obvious. But it happened. He regrouped and stopped the spin and potential obvious loss of the ball with his left hand. And that millisecond...that is called reaction.
  16. FuzzyLumpkins

16,613 Messages
    2,499 Likes Received
    I have seent he video theo and the point they are making about the posistion of the laces when contact was made and as seen as he come around from the roll is very compelling to me.

My training is EE and not ME but during collisions objects deform. An inflated pigskin is not a rigid body and Dez hits the ground from a dive and rolls. The thing will deform no matter what.

The thing that compels me to agree with the decision is that when he comes out of the roll and the ball is once again back to its original shape you can see the laces for a few frames in exactly the same location as they were when he was hitting the ground.
  17. FuzzyLumpkins

16,613 Messages
    2,499 Likes Received
    The single bullet theory!

You do not disagree that the laces appear to be in the same spot relative to his arm?
  18. blindzebra

blindzebra Well-Known Member

9,546 Messages
    824 Likes Received
    Yes and if you see the final replay from the opposite endzone it becomes VERY CLEAR that the ball roll was an optical illusion. He had it cradled AND UNDER CONTROL the entire time.
  19. pupulehaole

pupulehaole Well-Known Member

1,427 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    I want PROOOF lol. I'm just glad Dez got one to go his way, he made a damn good effort.
  20. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,468 Messages
    2,324 Likes Received
    The original video from this thread showed the laces starting at the top near Dez' chest and rolling down to the turf. This was in conjunction with the ball rolling over Dez' arm and being on the ground.

Dez pulled the ball back with his left hand at the end of the replay which rolled the ball inversely and brought the laces back up to the same spot.

If you watch the video you will see how the laces disappear and then reappear. But they are turning as they reappear.

This was not a catch.