1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What were Aikman, Buck and Pereria talking about on the Dez TD?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by links18, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Little Jr

Little Jr Well-Known Member

2,729 Messages
    345 Likes Received
    I thought it was a catch. Either way I feel whatever the call on the field was it was gonna stay. If they called it incomplete I think they would have kept with the call. When I saw the replay I thought if they go by the replay rules they couldn't over turn it because I didn't think it showed that it was clearly incomplete. It was a good call.
  2. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,945 Messages
    1,015 Likes Received
    Did the ball roll?
  3. zeroburrito

zeroburrito Active Member

4,073 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    why are you asking that question? it either did not roll, or it rolled 360 degrees.

you will be hard pressed to find many people that think it did a 360 spin even before the other endzone shot is seen.
  4. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,226 Messages
    2,044 Likes Received
    Dez' right arm is behind the ball.

Note where the laces are. They are visible but clearly on the turf.

When Dez used his left arm to bring the possession back the laces moved up because Dez swiped at the ball.

Thus in the video you see the laces go nearly out of sight and then "reappear."

Because as he gained control he rotated the ball from bottom to top toward him.

Theogt is correct about this.
  5. Howardlittleton64

Howardlittleton64 Benched

664 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He and I have been trying to explain this to these people since yesterday. They won't hear it because they can't. They are blind homers that think saying it was a bad call makes them a bad fan. It is laughable.
  6. Reverend Conehead

Reverend Conehead Well-Known Member

973 Messages
    256 Likes Received
    To me it looked like he started to have control, but it spun some. I wasn't completely sure, though. I think the refs decided it was inconclusive and let it stand.
  7. Dave_in-NC

Dave_in-NC Well-Known Member

11,487 Messages
    434 Likes Received
    It's hatred fro the coaching regiem and some players. They hate we won.
  8. blindzebra

blindzebra Well-Known Member

9,406 Messages
    660 Likes Received
    [IMG]

Note his hand under ball

[IMG]

Hand still under ball

[IMG]

Ball pulled in hand still under it

[IMG]

Ball still under his control

[IMG]

So just where is the ball rolling?
  9. Howardlittleton64

Howardlittleton64 Benched

664 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Stupid comment
  10. Dave_in-NC

11,487 Messages
    434 Likes Received
    You haven't been around here long enough to figure it out yet.
    But thnx any way.
  11. zeroburrito

zeroburrito Active Member

4,073 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    frame 3 is the fabled ball under the arm while spinning out of control, which this clearly disproves.

with this clear evidence hopefully people will finally see that it was a catch.

19 pages for this?
  12. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,629 Messages
    6,393 Likes Received
    Play nice in here, everybody, please.
  13. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

16,347 Messages
    2,162 Likes Received
    You see the laces disappear because the ball is getting deformed by pressure from him falling on it and because Dez himself rolls onto his side.
  14. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,684 Messages
    211 Likes Received
    Only Cowboys fans would be complaining about a TD catch caught by ONE OF THEIR OWN players and find ways to say it isn't a catch.

Good lord.

I mean, not sure if some of you are new at this "fan" thing but, usually this type of stuff is done say if the "opposing" team's WR made the catch...
  15. Dave_in-NC

11,487 Messages
    434 Likes Received
    Isn't it great?
  16. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,764 Messages
    1,968 Likes Received
    It's just some good debate.

I'm no homer but I think it was a catch because his arm was under the ball the entire time. We'll take it though.
  17. CowboyGil

CowboyGil Well-Known Member

1,141 Messages
    328 Likes Received
    Might as well put in my .02. Questionable catch, but not enough to overturn ruling. Nice to see a review and a couple of fumbles and pick 6 go our way for a change. All morale boosters. Take'em and RUN!!! :D
  18. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,226 Messages
    2,044 Likes Received
    2 shows he has the ball.

3 shows his body sliding over the ball rotating it. Note you can see his right wrist and open palm in this shot. The ball had clearly moved out of his control and was on the ground. His palm is cupped and you follow that gloved hand all the way to his elbow.

The ball is out here. His entire palm is exposed and the ball is lying in front of his forearm.

4. He turned his hand to regrab the point of the ball as he slid over it, but you can again follow his arm and see the ball is not on his forearm, it is on the grass.

5. may be the best shot of all.

Note his right arm. See the bend in his elbow. The ball is not on his arm at this point. He has control again because of his right hand, but clearly using logic and motion you can see here that the ball was on the ground here and previously.

This is not a catch.

Thanks for the photos, this proves it.
  19. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,536 Messages
    8,485 Likes Received
    I almost feel like we shouldn't have won the game with this blown call.

Were the refs cheating for us?
  20. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,945 Messages
    1,015 Likes Received
    It's in these two frames where the ball is moving while touching the ground, thus causing the incompletion.

And it's in this picture that you can see the laces are in a different position than before he hits the ground.