1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What were Aikman, Buck and Pereria talking about on the Dez TD?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by links18, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received

I hate it when conspiracy theories clash.
  2. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,130 Messages
    1,875 Likes Received
    You mad genius!
  3. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

76,942 Messages
    2,760 Likes Received
    Close call go with the ruling on the field.
  4. blindzebra

blindzebra Well-Known Member

9,360 Messages
    600 Likes Received
    Now who is in denial, no way does that show the ball moving.

It is laughable.

You are wrong, have been the entire time, and yet keep posting make believe.
  5. blindzebra

9,360 Messages
    600 Likes Received
    Can't tell who is more full of it, you or Theogt.

There is not one frame showing his right hand coming off that ball. The ball was tucked the ENTIRE time.:rolleyes:
  6. rynochop

rynochop Well-Known Member

2,453 Messages
    279 Likes Received
    Hasn't this pond been fished dry?? Can't someone close it, I think points have been made.
  7. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

9,263 Messages
    1,159 Likes Received
    I certainly didn't see this thread hitting 20 pages when I started it. Nature of our society I suppose, people will argue interminably about anything. :laugh2:
  8. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,926 Messages
    975 Likes Received
    It didn't say it showed the ball moving, did I? Go back and read my post. Your lack of attention to detail is problematic.
  9. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,528 Messages
    2,215 Likes Received
    I'm not sure that last picture is actually the laces......just a crappy picture.

Here's a different angle and the laces are clearly above his forearm just as they were when he tucked it prior to hitting.

[IMG]

Personally, when I thought Buck and Aikman said the ball "rolled", I didn't think they meant ONLY that the ball spun but rather than it started behind his forearm as he was diving and then came up and over the top of his forearm after he hit.

Forearm between the ball and the camera

[IMG]

Forearm now behind the ball after being dragged under him.

[IMG]

In this shot, you can see just the tippy-tip of the laces.

[IMG]

I really don't know. When I saw it, I thought it was moving free of his possession for just a split second.

After having looked at it too many times to count I'm really not sure.

I think the supination of the arm as it was dragged under him is what gives the appearance of the ball spinning in spot but at the same time there appears to be a split second at which the laces rotate faster than his arm. His arm rotates about 90 degrees, maybe more, as you can see his thumb on top of the ball in the first picture and when he lands the entire back of his hand ends up touching the ground.

I don't think it's definitive either way. My instinct tells me the ball did turn a little more than it probably should have but the pictures with the laces on top of the forearm tell me that even if it did turn, it wasn't much at all.

I think it's one of those that stays however it's called.
  10. blindzebra

9,360 Messages
    600 Likes Received
    Lack of attention to detail huh?
  11. theogt

43,926 Messages
    975 Likes Received
    You fail at reading. Those two frames are during the process of the ball moving. They don't show the ball moving.
  12. blindzebra

9,360 Messages
    600 Likes Received
  13. theogt

43,926 Messages
    975 Likes Received
  14. blindzebra

9,360 Messages
    600 Likes Received
    Nice back peddle.
  15. blindzebra

9,360 Messages
    600 Likes Received
    Did not talk myself into anything.

This angle shows him holding the ball throughout the catch.

Combine that with the laces staying in the EXACT same relationship to his arm during the entire catch from the front angle and it is pretty obvious he caught and controlled the ball.

And FYI that is what the on field and reviewed call said.
  16. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,658 Messages
    204 Likes Received
    GEEZE..

Why don't you two just make out already....:lmao2:
  17. theogt

43,926 Messages
    975 Likes Received
    What the hell? Why would I claim that a still picture shows a ball moving? The gif and the video showed that.
  18. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,392 Messages
    8,295 Likes Received
    Unless someone can show me a visual of the incompletion through the radio broadcast of the play, that's a completion.

~double checking helmets~

Yeah, completion.
  19. Cowboy4ever

Cowboy4ever Well-Known Member

2,100 Messages
    91 Likes Received
    The ball moved, if it didn't he would have not had the need to bring his other hand up to bring it back into his body. But does it hit the ground during the movement? I don't know, you can't tell from the angle we have to look at, which makes the evidence inconclusive, so the call stands. I know some of you will point to the stills where it appears the ball is on the ground, but is it? The angle of the shot could just make it appear as if it is as the shot is not on true gound level, but from an downward angle. All in all, two professional (whatever) officals took at a look at it and decided the call the stands. All this other stuff is nonsense, it was a catch, period.
  20. obadiah_stane

obadiah_stane New Member

31 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'd like to say that I don't give a rat's ***! It's about time we had a questionable call go our way. I think they still would've won this game if it had been a touchdown or not, given the special team and defensive scores, so the point is moot.