1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What were Aikman, Buck and Pereria talking about on the Dez TD?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by links18, Nov 11, 2012.

1. blindzebra

blindzebra Well-Known Member

9,548 Messages
    835 Likes Received
    Receivers are taught to use both hands. Dez actually caught it in both hands but his left hand came off when his elbow hit the ground, getting the second hand on the ball is a natural reaction...muscle memory if you will...not an indication of needing to do it to re-control the ball.
  2. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

10,243 Messages
    1,719 Likes Received
    There is no way of telling what happens if the play is called back. Three incomplete passes from the one? You know, butterfly effect and all that.
  3. Lodeus

Lodeus Well-Known Member

3,170 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    This discussion is still going on! Only Cowboy fans :laugh2:
  4. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    This is like groundhog day. I fully expect this thread to be at the top of page 1 when I wake up tomorrow.
  5. zeroburrito

zeroburrito Active Member

4,077 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    haha, theogt is relegated to showing pictures of magical laces that aren't there.

this argument is over.
  6. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,771 Messages
    278 Likes Received
    There should not of been a damn argument in the first place.

What fanbase in the NFL "argues" over a TD THEIR PLAYER FROM THEIR FAVORITE TEAM scored?

It's absolute madness.. Or , moronic, not sure which.
  7. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,586 Messages
    2,243 Likes Received
    I know some Seattle fans who said Tate's TD against Green Bay was crap. I guarantee some said otherwise.

Agreeing with something simply because its in your best interest or because you like the outcome is the definition of moronic and dishonest.

I'd much rather argue against a Dallas TD if I didn't think it was a score than lie to myself.

Not the case here but just saying.
  8. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

3,448 Messages
    489 Likes Received
    Saw the catch on nfl replay. It did hit the ground it wasnt a catch. Shouldve been overturned. Its on his forearm at first but rolls over his fore arm and on to the ground thats incomplete.
  9. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

16,617 Messages
    2,509 Likes Received
    When the ball is hit like that and rolled on it will deform. It's inflated with air. It will reshape in the path of least resistance. Try it at home its not hard to do.
  10. aikemirv

aikemirv Well-Known Member

7,093 Messages
    56 Likes Received
    I agree, all these still shots and small vids don't show the whole picture. When I saw it on my 50 inch TV at home on the replays I saw the ball move and not under control - You can't see it happen in the small vids and pictures!
  11. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,472 Messages
    2,327 Likes Received
    I agree.
  12. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,080 Messages
    807 Likes Received
    /thread
  13. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,626 Messages
    412 Likes Received
    Or that we should never have had the punt return for a TD count due to a block in the back.

I guarantee neither such thread would ever be seen at extremeskins.com only at extremecowboyszone.com.
  14. Proximo

Proximo Well-Known Member

1,220 Messages
    923 Likes Received
    I can't believe this thread is still alive.

Anyway, I think due to the way he came down with the ball this is one of those plays that when reviewed/challenged the calling on the field stands either way. If they call it incomplete, they'll conclude that there's not sufficient evidence to overturn, and vice versa.

Glad we were on the positive side of the call on this one. Great effort by Dez too. Dude was hanging all over him.