1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What were Aikman, Buck and Pereria talking about on the Dez TD?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by links18, Nov 11, 2012.

1. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,933 Messages
    1,000 Likes Received
    One person's judgment (with a strong bias) isn't very convincing to me. That was about as clear a non-catch as they come on replays.
  2. BRoni

BRoni Active Member

499 Messages
    82 Likes Received
    There was not enough evidence to over turn it. End of story.
  3. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

14,160 Messages
    1,290 Likes Received
    If he established possession before this point, it's a touchdown, right?
  4. Proximo

Proximo Well-Known Member

1,082 Messages
    735 Likes Received
    THIS.

The very very last view they showed definitely showed that he clearly caught the ball. I personally wasn't completely sure until I saw that last shot. I don't know why they didn't show that angle earlier, but to me it erased any doubt that he caught the ball. When they showed that angle you could see that there was no way the ball touched the ground, and they called it a TD on the field, so there was NO WAY they should've overturned it.
  5. ConstantReboot

ConstantReboot Well-Known Member

2,813 Messages
    846 Likes Received
    If it was clearly INC then the there wouldn't be any argument. But there is a debate on this TD. I think it should stand because it never hit the ground and he had control on the ball all the way.

If it was overturned it would have been as much as a controversy because there was no evidence at all to overturn it.
  6. baj1dallas

baj1dallas New Member

6,556 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    same here, 6 much needed points for me. But I thought they would overturn, the ball clearly rolled and looked like his arm was not under it.
  7. Lodeus

Lodeus Well-Known Member

3,077 Messages
    344 Likes Received
    This is a discussion I feel should be on the Eagles forums.
  8. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

9,270 Messages
    1,161 Likes Received
    At least two refs called it good on the field and it survived review. Whatever it was--it wasn't clearly anything.
  9. theogt

43,933 Messages
    1,000 Likes Received
    Nope.
  10. skinsscalper

skinsscalper Well-Known Member

5,401 Messages
    393 Likes Received

On a play where a player is going to the ground you have to maintain possession THROUGHOUT the entire process. Since the ball wasn't secured completely before going to the ground, he didn't establish possession.

The refs blew the call, but I'll take it.
  11. theogt

43,933 Messages
    1,000 Likes Received
    There isn't any argument. There is no logical argument that it was a catch. No one has espoused any reasonable argument -- at all. The only argument is "it didn't touch the ground". Well...uhh....yeah, the pictures don't lie.

The only argument is just how clear it was that it wasn't a catch. Everyone agrees now it wasn't a catch. If it's not "clear" to someone it's because they're not looking at the replay.
  12. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,506 Messages
    6,254 Likes Received
    One person? It was at least two officials, including the one in the booth. And neither were biased.
  13. BRoni

BRoni Active Member

499 Messages
    82 Likes Received
    Your picture doesn't show it touching the ground. It looks like it might be, but they need conclusive evidence to over turn the call on the field. The evidence is inconclusive.
  14. theogt

43,933 Messages
    1,000 Likes Received
    Yes, just one person. In live action, it wasn't clear at all. But I wasn't referencing live action. Only one person makes the call in the replay. And the correct call was clear as day.
  15. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

14,160 Messages
    1,290 Likes Received
    Thanks for the clarification. It was a great effort on Dez's part regardless. Let's give him credit for even being in position to make it close. Most receivers aren't that gifted.
  16. theogt

43,933 Messages
    1,000 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  17. ConstantReboot

2,813 Messages
    846 Likes Received
    Everyone does not agree with you though. I think it was a catch. Because he had his elbow underneath the ball. Thus there was no evidence to overturn it.

I don't care about what announcers say. They don't sway me to think other wise.
  18. ConstantReboot

2,813 Messages
    846 Likes Received
    But it didn't hit the ground and when he rolled over shunning the ball from the camera. Thus there wasn't enough evidence to overturn it.
  19. adwar

adwar New Member

8 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  20. BRoni

BRoni Active Member

499 Messages
    82 Likes Received
    Well, it doesn't. That is how it works. I don't think it was a catch either, but there was not enough actual proof.