1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What were Aikman, Buck and Pereria talking about on the Dez TD?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by links18, Nov 11, 2012.

1. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,779 Messages
    522 Likes Received
    I can't help it if you're being delusional.

[IMG]
  2. Proximo

Proximo Well-Known Member

1,010 Messages
    650 Likes Received
    Somebody should post a GIF of that angle. I thought that very last shot they showed during the broadcast made it clear that it was a catch.
  3. theogt

43,779 Messages
    522 Likes Received
    No, I don't think the Eagle touchdown was a catch. Nor was the Witten incompletion.

It doesn't matter where Dez's arm was. The ball was moving and it was touching the ground. And there's no physical way that Dez's right hand was gripping the ball.
  4. BHendri5

BHendri5 Well-Known Member

3,191 Messages
    52 Likes Received
    I hate it when aikman and buck do our games, I'm really started to dislike aikman
  5. BRoni

BRoni Active Member

484 Messages
    76 Likes Received
    There would need to be a better pic. With that one all i see is blur and shadow.
  6. theogt

43,779 Messages
    522 Likes Received
    You're exactly right. If you're willing to completely ignore photographic evidence, you have no proof.
  7. Proximo

Proximo Well-Known Member

1,010 Messages
    650 Likes Received
    I agree, but I think Aikman is just going out of his to NOT be a homer while he's on the air. I bet his commentary in a private setting is a little different.
  8. adwar

adwar New Member

8 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Your picture doesn't show the ball moving. It looks pretty clear he has one hand and his arm holding the ball pretty good..

and Witten caught the ball with two feet in bounds. I watched it frame by frame. Two hands on the ball while his right foot was down, then the left hit. It was certainly worth a look. This is a reason why Garrett should not be calling plays.

and I thought they would reverse the Bryant touchdown. Its shocking they didn't. We never get these calls..
  9. BRoni

BRoni Active Member

484 Messages
    76 Likes Received
    Your pic does not clearly show the ball touching the ground. I don't know what else to say.
  10. theogt

43,779 Messages
    522 Likes Received
    This has to be a joke.
  11. Cowboyz88

Cowboyz88 Well-Known Member

3,291 Messages
    305 Likes Received
    Values (lights and darks) bumped up a bit, and if you cannot clearly see the ball on the ground, you're just being argumentative.

[IMG]
  12. theogt

43,779 Messages
    522 Likes Received
    The video shows it moving. Click on the Dez TD on the right. It really couldn't be more obvious.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012111109/2012/REG10/cowboys@eagles#menu=highlights&tab=recap

He only touched one foot after he had possession.
  13. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,429 Messages
    2,125 Likes Received
    I thought it would get overturned.

I also thought that Witten's play should have been challenged.
  14. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,429 Messages
    2,125 Likes Received
    I thought he had both hands on the ball just prior to the toe coming up.

I posted a picture, albeit ugly. As soon as I can get the HD feed on Replay or from the YT vids that are usually posted, I'll take another look.
  15. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    but the Cowboys are hated here more than they are over there...:confused:
  16. BRoni

BRoni Active Member

484 Messages
    76 Likes Received
    Yeah, that lightened pic is much better, but I felt the video was even more clear. I can only guess they did not feel there was enough evidence.
  17. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,736 Messages
    837 Likes Received
    That's how I saw it.
  18. Cowboyz88

Cowboyz88 Well-Known Member

3,291 Messages
    305 Likes Received
    Don't get me wrong, I'm glad it was called a TD.

Shocked, but glad.
  19. adwar

adwar New Member

8 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think the ball moved.. not sure if its clear enough to overturn since he's got his hand and his arm on the ball. Apparently the booth didn't think it could be overturned either.

Watch the Witten catch frame by frame and you'll see him with two hands on the ball with his right foot down, then the left in bounds and the right out of bounds. It was clearly worth looking at, especially given the circumstance.
  20. vlad

vlad Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

1,051 Messages
    70 Likes Received
    It was nice to have a break go our way! I was shocked that didn't get overturned, evidence seemed conclusive.