1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What were Aikman, Buck and Pereria talking about on the Dez TD?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by links18, Nov 11, 2012.

1. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,783 Messages
    531 Likes Received
    I'm happy about the win. But that doesn't mean I'm going to lie about what happened on the field.
  2. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received

The ball moved, yes. But just because you can't see the laces, doesn't mean it rotated 180 degrees. How did you determine that?
  3. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

9,185 Messages
    1,112 Likes Received
    Why use such a strong term as "lie"?
  4. blindzebra

blindzebra Well-Known Member

9,240 Messages
    395 Likes Received
    Because you keep saying 180, if it actually rolled it had to roll 360 for the laces to again be facing up.

What the replay in its entirety shows is that what you keep point to as proof the ball rolled is actually the ball being compressed by Dez' body landing on the ball.

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/dallascowboys.php?t=247079

Look at the other endzone view at 31:10 of the 3rd. THAT BALL DID NOT ROLL.
  5. lane

lane The Chairman

10,551 Messages
    492 Likes Received

yea right..

guess what ?

even if they had overturned a legit td grab.. it would have been first and goal at the one.

bet that angers you to no end.
  6. TwentyOne

TwentyOne Well-Known Member

2,440 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    Ah i dont know for sure. I think he had posession. The ball clearly touched the ground but that doesn't matter if he had posession beforehand.

But as i said. I am not a 100% sure. I have to watch the tape again.
  7. anava

anava Well-Known Member

1,535 Messages
    84 Likes Received
    You know it is OK to criticize a team after a win. A huge part of the problem with this team is that they dont do that themselves.
  8. lane

lane The Chairman

10,551 Messages
    492 Likes Received

who rattled your cage?
  9. crashintonickdm

crashintonickdm Active Member

731 Messages
    150 Likes Received
    the ball rolled out after his elbows were down. he had control when he went down.

so touchdown.
  10. anava

anava Well-Known Member

1,535 Messages
    84 Likes Received
    I will take it everytime and didnt think there was enough to overturn but in the endzone you have to control even when you hit the ground.
  11. BRoni

BRoni Active Member

484 Messages
    76 Likes Received
    Let's just say its hard to be a ref these days.
  12. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,822 Messages
    2,673 Likes Received
    Agree with theo. I thought by today's sometimes goofy rules that would be overturned.

But there was a PI at about the 2 or 3, so I thought we'd have gotten the TD even if that had been ruled a no-catch.
  13. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,783 Messages
    531 Likes Received
    Are you telling me that you don't think the football rolled? Have you watched the video or the gif?
  14. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,405 Messages
    2,130 Likes Received
    I watched both and the ball moved AFTER Dez had possession and 1 knee down.

At that point it was a TD, nothing else mattered after that instant in time. The refs made the correct call and it was upheld on replay.

/thread.
  15. hairic

hairic Well-Known Member

2,438 Messages
    199 Likes Received
    We got a call there. Ball moves and hits the turf, but is being elbowed to his body so it doesn't look like he lost control.

His hand was over the cone of the ball, rolls off and his hand is on the ball in a different spot with an assist from the ground.

[youtube]CmB3hZxozVA&start=690&end=749[/youtube]
  16. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,444 Messages
    2,132 Likes Received
    The ball clearly made contact with the ground. There is no disputing that. That in itself though doesn't mean much because if a player has total possession, it's a good play. But if the player does not have total possession and it touches the ground, it's incomplete.

So if you are conceding that the ball moved, you've lost your argument.

You have to maintain possession through the entire process of the catch when going to the ground.

If the ball moved (which you admit) and made contact with the ground (which it clearly did) halfway through the process of the catch, it's not a TD.
  17. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,398 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    Cowboys played one of the best games I have seen in quite a while from them.

That play was a not a catch...but does it even matter ? Who cares ?

Bad call, good game. If you don't see the ball on the ground or don't understand that he did not fully control the ball...again...who cares.
  18. 808CowboyFan

808CowboyFan Member

124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Looks like a touchdown to me. He has the ball caressed against his body when he does hit the ground, and the momentum takes him and the ball (which he has possesion of) and turns his body at an angle, making it look like the ball was rolling. Yes the ball touches the ground, but there isn't enough conclusive evidence to over turn that play otherwise.
  19. 4lifecowboy

4lifecowboy Active Member

819 Messages
    50 Likes Received
    not true his right arm still has the ball cradled, that's why it wasn't overturned.
  20. DanteEXT

DanteEXT Well-Known Member

1,773 Messages
    159 Likes Received
    I would have bet everything yesterday that was incomplete. The more I watch it, the more I am changing my opinion. His hand doesn't seem to change position, the laces are still in the same spot in relation to his arm when he rolls over, looks like the movement of the ball is an illusion do to his body rolling with his momentum. Does not look like he ever lost possession. I think the refs got it right.