1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What would be a successful season?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Pessimist_cowboy, Dec 25, 2012.

1. plymkr

plymkr Active Member

167 Messages
    59 Likes Received
    Beating the skins in DC and making the playoffs would be a successful season for me. I feel as though this has been a successful season. Think about it, we were 3-5, at that time I thought the best we would do is 6-10. We looked bad and then we started losing defensive players, I thought is was a wrap. Then we string together some gritty games and win 5 out of 7. Didn't see that coming. But what I am excited about is we put this little run together at the time of the year we usually fall apart. So with us losing players to injuries, the oline is still the same oline and December coming around we put some wins together. Romo upped his game, Bryant upped his game. We seemed to come together as a team. So the whole "Dallas can't win in December" stuff is untrue. We seemed to come together as a team in the hardest stretch for us the last couple years and we displayed heart. That is exciting for me because the last couple years that wasn't the case so with that I think it's been a success.
  2. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

7,523 Messages
    1,190 Likes Received
    We're not in that kind of NFL anymore. 91 was a different era, the 80s and 90s teams built for the future and for progression. Today's NFL is a year to year league because of free agency, lack of depth, rules, etc. If the Cowboys make the playoffs try and when it all. We all thought after 09 when we beat Philly and then lost to Minny that would be back and make a deeper run. We haven't been back to the playoffs since.
  3. DavidAK

DavidAK New Member

796 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Beating the Redskins and upsetting one of the top dogs Seattle/Niners. Anything after that is all icing on the cake.
  4. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,457 Messages
    3,771 Likes Received
    Ultimately you want the whole thing but it would be a big step for this team to win this Sunday and make it to the NFC Championship game.
  5. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,504 Messages
    409 Likes Received
    Each Season hoping to see a playoff win.
  6. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,534 Messages
    1,799 Likes Received
    Probably, although I'd say winning against the Skins and then failing to show up in the first round (like Seattle and Chi) would be a major disappointment.
  7. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

3,102 Messages
    1,299 Likes Received
    I’m happy with any season in which we do better than the Redskins, Giants, and Eagles
  8. Lazyking

Lazyking Active Member

776 Messages
    102 Likes Received

I do agree with this only because at home, you've gotta have a big time effort in the playoffs.. even if you lose, it gives things to build on instead of, we can't even get up for a home playoff game?