1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What's that?

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Angus, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Angus

Angus Active Member

5,064 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Subject: A person of minimal experience, qualifications and potential

I am under 45 years old,
    I love the outdoors,
    I hunt,
    I am a Republican reformer,
    I have taken on the Republican Party establishment,
    I have many children,
    I have a spot on the national ticket as vice president with less than two years in the governor's office.
    Have you ever heard of me before now?

:)

I am Teddy Roosevelt.

:D
  2. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

3,944 Messages
    297 Likes Received
    Now why are you going to inject precedence into the argument now. :p:
  3. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

23,854 Messages
    694 Likes Received

That was pretty good.

Looking back I think the thread title should have been "Who am I?" :)
  4. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Let's see, we have the Democrats version of Lincoln on one ticket and the rebirth and regendering of Teddy on the other.

As a nation, how can we lose?!

:)
  5. peplaw06

peplaw06 That Guy

13,681 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    I don't think Obama would like that comparison ;)
  6. VietCowboy

VietCowboy Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.

2,918 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    what I got off of Wiki:

As Assistant Secretary of the Navy, Roosevelt prepared for and advocated war with Spain in 1898.

He was the first U.S. president to call for universal health care and national health insurance.[

As an outdoorsman, he promoted the conservation movement, emphasizing efficient use of natural resources

He was the first American to be awarded the Nobel Prize, winning its Peace Prize in 1906, for negotiating the peace in the Russo-Japanese War.

He graduated Phi Beta Kappa and magna cum laude (22nd of 177) from Harvard in 1880, and entered Columbia Law School. When offered a chance to run for New York Assemblyman in 1881, he dropped out of law school to pursue his new goal of entering public life.

Roosevelt took the oath of office in the Ansley Wilcox House at Buffalo, borrowing Wilcox's morning coat. Roosevelt did not swear on a Bible,[40] in contrast to the usual tradition of US presidents

March 14, 1903, Roosevelt created the first National Bird Preserve, (the beginning of the Wildlife Refuge system) on Pelican Island, Florida. He recognized the imminent extinction of the American Bison and co-founded the American Bison Society (with William Temple Hornaday) in 1905...Roosevelt set aside more land for national parks and nature preserves than all of his predecessors combined, 194 million acres (785,000 km²). In all, by 1909, the Roosevelt administration had created an unprecedented 42 million acres (170,000 km²) of national forests, 53 national wildlife refuges and 18 areas of "special interest", including the Grand Canyon