1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What's wrong with 11-5?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by nathanlt, Nov 5, 2012.

1. nathanlt

nathanlt Well-Known Member

2,047 Messages
    86 Likes Received
    Dallas just played the only unbeaten team in the league, stayed with them the whole game, and lost in a one-possession ball game. Give the Falcons weatherspoon back, and we get Murray back, and I like our chances!

When you look at the schedule ahead, we can beat all of the teams on it. 11-5 is good enough to win the division, and of all the teams with a sub .500 record, I'd think most teams would rather not face Dallas.

Our offensive line needs work, no doubt, and I know it will be addressed in the offseason, but Dallas could have very well swept the Giants this year, they've had so many close losses against good teams, it really could be different. The offensive line can improve, and Tony Romo will do wonders with just an extra half second of time back there. He has done well considering his new, running frantically for his life job.

Dallas didn't give up against the still unbeaten Falcons. They led them and stayed with them. I'm not giving up on the season.
  2. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,058 Messages
    2,298 Likes Received
    We're not winning 8 in a row. We have good players but the Head Coach and team just lack the fundamentals to do anything like this.

From everything I heard they basically sold out on this game and they still came up short.
  3. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

8,069 Messages
    958 Likes Received
    Every time we lose, there's a moral victory thread.

Well, competing in a game and still losing doesn't make any difference in the world at the end of the year when all those fictional-victories add up and we're picking in the top 10 again.
  4. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,516 Messages
    879 Likes Received
    hahahahahaha - this has to be a joke right? :laugh2: :lmao: :lmao2: :lmao:
  5. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

18,157 Messages
    1,868 Likes Received
    When you can't get real victories, apparently some take what they can get.

Some folks have put their bar so low that they're now happy not to be completely blown off the field.

I don't know whether to admire the blind optimism or pity it.
  6. pjtoadie

pjtoadie Cleveland's #1 Cowboys fan

1,973 Messages
    516 Likes Received
    If this team wins 8 in a row that would be an absolute miracle! I don't care how bad Philly has been playing lately we don't play that well in Philly and I don't see us winning there. Looking at the remainder of the schedule I think we'll split with Philly and Washington and beat the Browns. Then probably win one more between Cincy, Pittsburgh, and New Orleans so that'll put us at 7-9 and I think that's being generous!
  7. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    The answer is that there is absolutely nothing wrong with 11-5.

If you're expecting the Cowboys to finish with that record though, you've completely lost all sense of reality.
  8. Falcon554

Falcon554 Benched

1,187 Messages
    218 Likes Received
    I really need to get what some of you are smoking, team will be lucky to go 5-11
  9. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,311 Messages
    1,470 Likes Received
    lol.. yup.
  10. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    There is nothing wrong with 11-5 but we won't get there. We still have to play Pitt in Dec.
  11. nathanlt

nathanlt Well-Known Member

2,047 Messages
    86 Likes Received
    I agree with what your statement, but choose to look at it this way.

The Cowboys, going up against the best team in the league, without their starting running back, and a struggling offensive line, didn't throw in the towel, and lost the game in a one-possession ball game.

To resurrect an old phrase from an previous Dallas Cowboys board, we are 11-5 until proven otherwise.
  12. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,382 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    The way this team plays (stupid) not a chance.

How about winning one in a row.
  13. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

2,742 Messages
    1,036 Likes Received
    Just please stop. Just stop. How many times are we going to hear this junk? Oh we were so close to winning? Yeah I heard that after we lost to the Ravens, Giants, Falcons. Just face it, this team is not good. They don't make the plays when it matters. This team will be lucky to not finish in last place in the NFC East. There is not one single team in this league who we can comfortably beat. It would not surprise me in the least if we struggled to beat the Jags or Chiefs at home.
  14. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,309 Messages
    1,421 Likes Received
    Still loving that sig picture of yours...

On your above post, if it comes to a pure shoot out, as against Cincinnati and New Orleans, I think Dallas wins both of those. Dallas can actually run the ball against the Saints as well.
  15. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

18,157 Messages
    1,868 Likes Received
    There is a fine line between optimism and blinders.

:blind:
  16. Double Trouble

Double Trouble Well-Known Member

8,475 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    :laugh2: the Cowboys haven't won 8 in a row since when, the early 90s teams? The late 70s?

This bunch isn't winning 8 in a row. And they'd likey have to win 7 of 8 just to make the playoffs.

A far more likely scenario is that they pack it in early if they don't win 2 or 3 in a row the next few weeks. Carolina, Washington and Oakland all played Atlanta down to the wire. You also think those teams are on the verge of something special?

Lots of bad and mediocre teams play good teams close. The difference is that the good teams usually win.
  17. Wayne02

Wayne02 Well-Known Member

2,706 Messages
    806 Likes Received
    You wanna know another team that played the only unbeaten team in the league, stayed with them the whole game, and lost in a one possession ball game? The Carolina Panthers, and you know what, I'm pretty sure they have some delusional fans talking the same kind of junk that you are right now. If you believe that this team can or will finish 11-5, I have some beach front property in Idaho for sale.
  18. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,339 Messages
    4,665 Likes Received
    Sandy Beaches and Taters it is...at least for some. :laugh2:

I honestly don't know how any sane person right now thinks we can run the table after watching this team the last few years.

I guess anything is possible...but highly...HIGHLY unlikely at this point.
  19. Lazyking

Lazyking Active Member

789 Messages
    103 Likes Received
    coulda, woulda, shoulda.. I don't mind people having hope.. I try my damnest to have hope.. but winning eight in a row with a struggling offense is a tough task for any team.. I think at best this team can go 6-2 if they limit their mistakes but I don't see how anyone can have confidence in that.
  20. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

3,100 Messages
    1,275 Likes Received
    +1. Completely correct.