1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What's wrong with 11-5?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by nathanlt, Nov 5, 2012.

1. MoClaiborne24

MoClaiborne24 Member

456 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    There is no way they finish 11-5. When was the last time this team has won consecutive games?
  2. MaineBoy

MaineBoy Member

428 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    These kinds of OP's are so pathetic....OP - if you needed attention or a hug you should just ask us instead of posting ridiculous items to garner some kind of reaction. There - feel better now ?
  3. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

2,981 Messages
    343 Likes Received
    2-4 More wins tops thats all folks. Maybe next year
  4. Wayne02

Wayne02 Well-Known Member

2,032 Messages
    419 Likes Received
    They actually won 4 games in a row last year, against the Rams, Bills, Dolphins, and Redskins. They don't have that kind of easy path as last year though. The only so called "easy W" left on the schedule is the Browns and who knows what Cowboys team will show up that day.
  5. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,623 Messages
    3,968 Likes Received
    Users who have a positive view of the team are just as allowed to post as those that have a negative view of the team.

I read far more negative things of this team over the years than I do positive so if it bugs you that much you can just not go into the threads...since there are far fewer of them it should not be that hard to find a negative or non positive thread.
  6. pjtoadie

pjtoadie Cleveland's #1 Cowboys fan

1,937 Messages
    489 Likes Received
    Aw thanks :) I have to update the picture though as my daughter on the left just turned 5 on Saturday :eek:

Yeah good point....New Orleans and Cincy can be beat but with this squad who knows :banghead:
  7. nathanlt

nathanlt Well-Known Member

1,985 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    Hey, I'm hoping for 11-5. I think this team has a 5% chance of making it, and a 10% chance if they get Demarco Murray back next week.

But Dallas has reached the soft part of the schedule. Not that they should underestimate any of those teams, the Cowboys still have to fight off their own mistakes.

But the season is not over!
  8. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,747 Messages
    1,688 Likes Received
    I wished moral victories equated to real victories, but sadly, they don't. You can rah rah all you want, but this team will be lucky to go 8-8.
  9. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,040 Messages
    7,519 Likes Received
    Seems like a good time for a history thread.
  10. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

4,215 Messages
    693 Likes Received
    hope and optimism are wonderful traits, but they sometimes need to be tempered with reality. there is no tangible evidence to suggest that the Cowboys are going to turn it around and have a big run in the 2nd half of the season.
  11. sonnyboy

sonnyboy Benched

7,355 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I'm sure he doesn't, do you?

8-0 is remote for any team. 6-2 given the schedule we play is attainable assuming improved play. I'm as upset with 3-5 as anyone here. Wins are wins and losses are losses.

A reasonable fan could look at our record, the actual play on the field and most importantly the strength of schedule we have played........and predict better things in the 2nd half.

I'll go out on a limb and predict we finish better than 3-5 in the 2nd half.:cool:

Now IF we beat the eagles next week. I'll look at 6-2 as more plausible.

OMT for those looking to write off the season. Right now I'm very confident that the NFC East champ wins no more than 10 games and the 6th seed gets in at 9-7.
  12. Wayne02

Wayne02 Well-Known Member

2,032 Messages
    419 Likes Received
    You're right, the NFC champ (Giants) will have 9 or 10 wins. The 6th seed will also have 9 wins, but the problem is the Seahawks have a better record than the Cowboys right now and the Cowboys would have to finish with a better record than the Seahawks in order to beat them out which would take at least 10 wins. Do the math.
  13. cowboyfan4life2

cowboyfan4life2 Well-Known Member

1,117 Messages
    202 Likes Received
    I would say the absolute best that even the biggest of homers could hope for is 6-2, and that would even be a stretch for this team.
  14. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

17,540 Messages
    1,342 Likes Received
    And do you think that this Cowboys team is capable of accomplishing either of those things?

If you do, I think you're in a very small minority.

The reality of what this team is and isn't is setting in.
  15. dragon_mikal

dragon_mikal Darth Jones strikes again! Zone Supporter

5,200 Messages
    1,071 Likes Received
    Anything is possible in this league but I wouldn't hold my breath. Especially while Garrett is calling the plays.

Now if they learn something and decide to unleash the Romo then maybe they can make a run...
  16. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,145 Messages
    2,566 Likes Received
    Realistically, we're not going to win 8 in a row.

And the Atlanta Falcons are probably the worst 8-0 team in the last 20 years. So that makes it sting some more.
  17. Dallas4ever

Dallas4ever Active Member

2,547 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    You knew it was coming. :cool:

I was there with the OP a week ago. It's time to cut bait now. We are what our record says we are. The margin for error was already too thin to begin with and we've crossed it too many times. If Wade wasn't in Houston, we'd be asking if Jerry was hiding him in the locker room somewhere.
  18. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,378 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    And it's not like we didn't have the opportunities to score either. As usual, dumb team beat theirselves again.
  19. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,438 Messages
    387 Likes Received

this

If Garrett had provided in game advantages like Harbaugh or Johnson, Dallas would have walked away with a Victory in a lot of games this year.

Jason provides very little as a Head Coach and leaves a lot to be desired.
  20. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,815 Messages
    5,527 Likes Received
    I was expecting to see a beatable team last night (in the Falcons). Honestly, they looked a lot better than I expected them to look. They were beating our (good) secondary despite a decent pass rush. Those two WRs are both big, and they're both money. They're a matchup for anybody, and the rest of the team doesn't beat itself.

Maybe their defense isn't as good as it looked last night against us in the redzone. I know they're supposed to be vulnerable against the run. But that looked like a team that's going to be in the Championship game to me: they pass really well and can defend the pass when they have to. They don't turn the ball over, and they don't beat themselves. That's the recipe for beating good teams in this league right now.