1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What's wrong with 11-5?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by nathanlt, Nov 5, 2012.

1. sonnyboy

sonnyboy Benched

7,355 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I have done it and that's why I won't write off the season.

@NYG 6-3
    @SEA 5-4
    H TB 4-4
    H CHI 7-1
    @BAL 6-2
    @CAR 2-6
    H NYG 6-3
    @ATL 8-0

5 Road, 3 Home. 1 team with a losing record, 1 .500 team and 6 teams with a winning record. Current record of our 1st 8 opponents: 44-23 66% winning percentage.

@PHI 3-4
    H CLE 2-7
    H WAS 3-6
    H PHI 3-4
    @CIN 3-5
    H PIT 5-3
    H NO 2-5
    @WAS 3-6

5 Home, 3 Road. 1 team with a winning record, 7 with a losing record. Current record of our remaining 8 opponents: 24-40 37% winning percentage.

Forget everything you've come to know and hate about this team. Put aside the rage for just a second and look at this.

IF we beat the eagles, is 6-2 really that much a stretch given this schedule?
  2. basilhayden

basilhayden Active Member

579 Messages
    49 Likes Received
    Some of you homers need to take up another hobby. The season is done.

Put your effort into forecasting next year. Maybe some people would actually listen to that...:laugh2:
  3. ryanbabs

ryanbabs Member

743 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    I believe this is correct for the most part. I hate to mention it, but I wouldn't be surprised if the team starts giving up on Garrett, similar to the way they did two years ago under Wade.

They've played their hearts out a couple of times, and continue to lose due coaching fundamentals and lack of discipline. This is eventually demoralizing to a team that realizes they aren't going anywhere.
  4. Venger

Venger Well-Known Member

2,471 Messages
    397 Likes Received
    5-3 is pretty much a best case scenario considering our schedule.

Division games are always tough. ALWAYS. These teams get up for each other. Winning 3 of 4 would be a good performance and is probably best case.

The Saints always play us tough. Do we really see ourselves outscoring them?

The Steelers are playing well and are not going to be easy.

That's three likely losses, and that assumes we don't stub our toes anywhere else.

Less than 5-3 is a losing record and that will definitely stink like roadkill.
  5. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,414 Messages
    372 Likes Received
    There is a better chance of us being 5-11 than 11-5.
  6. ABG

ABG New Member

1 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    did we just get punked?
  7. Wayne02

Wayne02 Well-Known Member

2,260 Messages
    596 Likes Received
    Even if they miraculously go 6-2 over the next 8 games, it still won't be enough to get a Wildcard because of the Seattle game.
  8. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,657 Messages
    1,509 Likes Received
    Sonny:

It's plausible.

You also have to acknowledge that on the opposing team forums, fans just like us are performing the same exercise of "counting wins" based on team's performances to date and almost all of them (rightfully) have the Cowboys marked as a Win for their teams.
  9. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,588 Messages
    795 Likes Received
    Me neither! :clap:
  10. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,327 Messages
    828 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  11. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

17,704 Messages
    1,509 Likes Received
    I put some rebuttal information in bold ablove within your post.

I've seen plenty of 'if's' the past three weeks.

"If we beat Baltimore."

"If we beat the Giants."

"If we beat Atlanta."

None of it has come to pass, just like plenty of us having been saying for the past month.

For the record, these Cowboys were not even competitive in the previous two games against the Eagles so I hold out little hope for a win this time.

Personally, I'm tired of the 'if's' and the 'wolda,coulda, shoulda'.

I've checked out emotionally and am moving toward an attitude of indifference and apathy.
  12. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

2,997 Messages
    357 Likes Received
    I thought this was a thread for what the stealers record will be not the cowboys lol than it would actuallh make sense and be blind homer free
  13. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,726 Messages
    2,377 Likes Received
    Fellas, its time to accept reality and stop having these wet dreams about running the table.

We are NOT going to run the table and win 8 games in a row, not with this offense and this head coach.

Even if we somehow went 6-2 to end the season at 9-7, that probably is not going to be good enough for the division and since we lost to Seattle they are going to get the 6th seed wildcard.

To realistically have any shot at the playoffs, we are going to have to go 7-1 down the stretch. The statistical probability of that happenning is probably in the 2-3% range.

Last night we were playing for our season because we had to win that game to have any legit chance at playoffs.
  14. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,779 Messages
    855 Likes Received
    The Cowboys are 3-5 and all of a sudden the light is going to magically come on and they'll go 8-0 the rest of the way? :rolleyes:
  15. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

38,694 Messages
    1,568 Likes Received
    We will be middle of the pack, and get a mid first "per usual" and since we don't need a Corner, we will probably draft one with that first pick.
  16. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,818 Messages
    684 Likes Received
    Keep the faith. Just don't expect much company.
  17. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,339 Messages
    957 Likes Received
    There would be nothing wrong with 11-5.

Except that it means Dallas would have to win 8 straight games.

Which isn't happening.

When was the last time Dallas won 8 straight games? Heck 6 straight.
  18. sonnyboy

sonnyboy Benched

7,355 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't think many fans of our upcoming opponents are counting wins against anyone. I'm not.

I'm just trying to take the emotion out of this and look at it from a very practical point of view.

1 losing team in 8 played with 5 on the road......1 winning team in 8 to play with 5 at home.

IF we go 6-2 it won't be nearly as an incredible feat as it appears right now.

I believe 9-7 would give us a much better chance than most here think.
  19. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,414 Messages
    372 Likes Received
    2007 I believe.
  20. the_h0wey

the_h0wey Well-Known Member

1,083 Messages
    115 Likes Received
    I like your optimism, but you really think we can go 8-0? :confused: