1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What's your choice of News and why?

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by notherbob, Aug 22, 2007.

1. notherbob

notherbob Active Member

2,853 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    When I wake up in the morning an my coffee is just made, I sit down at the computer and go to the BBC World News website. I like it because it offshore and commercial-free. Also, they have a six hour lead on us and have had time to react to events in the Mid-East and South Asia.

In the afternoon, I read Drudge and if I'm curious about something I often go to CNN.

The ads on CBs, MS-NBC, Fox and others repel me so much I seldom visit those websites anymore. Now that Ted Koppel is gone, ABC has no credibility in my view - John Stossel is blatently dishonest as he proved when he faked a test result in a news story attacking organic food as a lackey to the ag chemical industry, his sponsor.

I like to read a wide variety of opinions and make up my own mind and reserve the right to change it as I see fit.
  2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal Insulin Beware

10,054 Messages
    451 Likes Received
    I don't have cable (silly expense), so I get my news from the internet. I look at CNN and MSNBC here and there for big stuff, but a lot of mynews comes from various forums or blogs.
  3. AtlCB

AtlCB Active Member

3,683 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I get my news from CNN (from the radio) and from the internet. I also enjoy listening to Neal Boortz. If you listen to him, I would certainly recommend that you research the topics that he is talking about before formulating your own opinion.
  4. ConcordCowboy

ConcordCowboy Mr. Buckeye

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    The Internet...from all kinds of different websites.

On TV I watch NBC Nightly News, Countdown with Keith Olbermann and Hardball with Chris Matthews. Plus other news things here and there on other networks depending on what interests me on any given night.
  5. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,789 Messages
    2,852 Likes Received
    I don't watch most news shows per say.

In the morning I switch between Fox and Friends and SportsCenter.

I don't watch local news.

In the evening if I watch any news channels they are once again mostly talk shows like Bill O and Hannity and Colmes.

IF there is some big breaking news stories and I want to catch it (say something like Hurricane Katrina) than I usually watch Fox and will flip to CNN during commercials or something.

For my regular news I mostly use the internet. Yahoo AP links and I go to fark.com and check out some of the linked stories.
  6. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I actually use Yahoo's news page... I get a wide selection of the major stories from the major papers around the country... this includes editorial opinions from the left and the right...
  7. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,675 Messages
    434 Likes Received
    Google News.
  8. Rackat

Rackat Active Member

2,134 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Mornings I watch CBS11 here in DFW for local stuff and then I watch them for the 10PM news.

If I watch anything else during the day it is usually commentary/news stories covered by O'Reilly, H&C, and sometimes I'll see what Glenn Beck is doing on CNN HL news.

For hard news though, I surf through the various outlets and blogs on the net. I subscribe to a couple of eNewspapers from the UK, and I have my google home page loaded with all of the cable outlets news feeds as well as US Newspapers.

I read the left and right slants to each story and then try to piece together the 'real' story.

I find that reading both slants gives me a better over view of what really is going on and it helps me to understand why liberals see an issue one way and conservatives see it another.
  9. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,150 Messages
    1,284 Likes Received
    Drudge, CNN internet, Fox Internet, Yahoo, and If I am really interested I do searches for all stories on that particular subject. I do not watch ANY network news programs any more.
  10. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

24,993 Messages
    625 Likes Received
    Stop denying that you have NPR on all day.
  11. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,150 Messages
    1,284 Likes Received
    Now THAT is an insult.