1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

When are Murray and Costa coming back?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by scrives, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,429 Messages
    632 Likes Received
    I hear ya. But those three career TD's... Who is more at fault? It ain't Demarco!
  2. Dodger

Dodger Indomitable

4,209 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    I'm not overly concerned if Murray won't be back by next Sunday. The Browns run defense is not that good at all, and Jones is looking pretty good lately.
  3. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,006 Messages
    1,395 Likes Received
    Agreed. You could talk all day about the reasons why RBs don't score for the Cowboys...OL, JG, whatever.

But regardless of whose fault it is, the touchdowns simply aren't there.
  4. e41dalasfan

e41dalasfan New Member

109 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You could however get a sense of who is better in those situations...Just check the amout of attempts inside the redzone...I don't have that information though
  5. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

.......Cleveland isn't that bad....at all: big mistake to "rest" anyone. If they can go, they should go, simple as that.
  6. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,506 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    There is a lot of truth in what you wrote.

Both of these guys need each other to function optimally. Murray needs someone to give him breathers and he can use a more explosive guy who then makes his punishing style more effective by getting defenders off balance in their approach. The interesting thing about these two is they are so similar in many ways:

1. Lots of pure speed

2. Talented in all 3 phases of RB play (run, block and catch).

3. Humble and well-raised

4. Prone to injury

In running style Felix is more elusive while Murray almost seems to seek contact as soon as he hits the second level.

I really think this FO is foolish if they don't make a move to try and sign Felix at a discount now coming off of a disappointing start to the season. Him and his agents have to now appreciate that he hasn't shown much this year and won't get a mega-deal from anyone due to his injury issues and mediocre production. He is a complimentary back and not a feature back. He fits in real well here and we need him. He should be given a decent salary as a #2 RB and all parties should be happy to get this deal done.
  7. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

4,979 Messages
    232 Likes Received
    :facepalm: you think we'd know that by now